Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Riceuten
Streaming Star

Roku Channels that contain channels themselves

NOT a complaint, a query

Does anyone have a list or suggestions for Roku channels that contain channels themselves - I am thinking similar to Pluto TV, Distro TV, Plex, Watch Free TV Plus etc ? Doesn't matter which language, I know there are channels that are in French, Spanish or other languages. 

Preferably free, if possible!

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Channels that contain channels themselves

Your forgetting the Roku channel itself. 

0 Kudos
Riceuten
Streaming Star

I'm not ! I just didn't include it. 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Riceuten  I don’t really tend to use free TV channels. They’re free for a reason. Most of the time it’s because they’re showing movies or TV shows that are old and outdated. They also tend to have B rated movies. You certainly won’t find any blockbuster movies streaming for free unless it’s over 10 years old. Most of those channels also overlap have overlapping content. Tubi, Pluto, Cracke and Filmrise all tend to carry the same stuff. If anything I watch PlutoTV the most cause it has the 70’s and 80’s stuff. 99% of the time I’m using my paid subscription channels

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Riceuten 

If you mean "LiveTV" channels (as well as on-demand content), from within a free Channel/app, you can look at Redbox, Plex,  Xumo,  and TCL Channel in addition to those mentioned above.

If you want some other free content from free Channels/apps you can try Yuyu(Cinehouse), Filmrise, and  Fawesome.

There are tons of free Channels/apps available.  Really a matter of tailoring to one's tastes.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Riceuten
Streaming Star

Thanks

I should have made it clearer that I am in the UK, so

Redbox - Not available in the UK

Plex - mentioned in my original

Xumo - Not available in the UK

TCL Channel - available - yay, but just a collection of films and programmes, not of channels (well, in the UK anyway)

Similarly with Yuyu(Cinehouse), Filmrise, and  Fawesome, of which I have many of the channels concerned. 

I was more interested in applications that had TV programmes streaming in them themselves, like Pluto, Plex and Distro TV. 

EDIT: TCL Channel actually had a small bouquet of live Channels as well

0 Kudos
Riceuten
Streaming Star

That isn't what I asked. I asked about applications that themselves had channels in them like Pluto TV, Plex and Distro TV. I have film channels coming out of my ears. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Riceuten 

Ahhh.. That would be "live tv" channels then.

Apparently the UK versions of these Channels/apps I provided behave differently in the UK than US.

Perhaps our resident member from across the pond @MilesT will be able to weigh in on this one for you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

Pluto is the only one I can think of that is focused on streaming linear style as "live".

Of course the apps that are linked to terrestrial/sat channels do have live streaming capability as well as catchup (I.e. BBC iPlayer, ITV hub, All4, My5, UKTVplay, stv, now which has some Sky)

There is the little issue that streaming any terrestrial/sat channel live (I.e. stream matches OTA) needs a TV License. I don't think Pluto needs license, though as it doesn't carry any streams also available as  live OTA (and is more prerecorded streamed linear rather that start when you like).

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
Riceuten
Streaming Star

I have a TV licence and no problem whatsoever in paying for one. I meant not paying further over and above this. 

And I have all of the above apps. 

0 Kudos