Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Select shows not working on Roku Channel

Same here. I’ve been watching nonstop all seasons and today it stopped and won’t load the episode...or any episodes of major crimes.  I get other shows.  At least I know I’m not alone. Tried uninstalling and that did not work. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Select shows not working on Roku Channel

I am having this issue as well. I was watching Cold Case and now I've tried Major Crimes and the same keeps happening. It will start to load and then go back to the beginning screen. Would like to know what's u . 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

The Roku Channel not playing back some shows

The Roku Channel does not open "Without a Trace" and "Concussion." These were two programs I started early this morning and went about ten minutes into each. They are stuck at this point and revert back to the description page of the show. Everything else on every service plays fine. I have uninstalled and reinstalled The Roku Channel and I have rebooted my system. Again, this is strictly a problem with those two programs on The Roku Channel.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Movies and Shows on the Roku channel will not play

We are also experiencing this since last night. We have tried restarting our Roku Express, even resetting to factory. Other channels work, but we cannot watch shows or movies on Roku channels.

Highlighted
Level 7

I'm just finding out that I too have the same issue. I have a Roku Express and I've tried 3 different movies on the Roku channel and none of them played. Just kept loading before taking me back to previous screen. Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you were running into.

We've passed along these reports to our team who is investigating. If you're still experiencing this behavior, please generate an issue report tracker by pressing the Home button 5 times quickly, followed by the Back button 5 times quickly on your remote. Send me a private message with your Roku account email address, the serial number of your device from Settings>System>About, along with the tracker ID and the name of the movie or TV show (season/episode) that you were trying to watch when you encountered an issue. 

We'll follow up from there to continue looking into this. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Having the same issue on my Roku Channel as the others in this thread. I'm sending you a PM. Hope it gets resolved.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Movies and Shows on The Roku Channel will not play

I see lots of people with the same problem...BUT WHAT IS THE ANSWER???

How do I get Roku to start working.

Please tell me where I can find answers.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@pasukas  This is an older topic for a previous issue. If you are running into a similar issue, please provide more specific information about exactly what is occurring so we can assist you further: 

- What model of Roku device are you using (Settings>System>About)? 

- What specific movie or TV show and episode are you experiencing an issue with when trying to stream in The Roku Channel? 

- Are you using any VPN or location altering software of any kind? Note: These are not supported and may cause playback issues. 

- Do you experience this issue in other channels that you use?

With more details, we can try to assist you further from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have recently purchased two Expresses in the past two weeks.  I was able to watch TV shows I found through the search function and found them on channels such as the Roku and SyFy.  Now they won't play at all.  I get thumbnails of episodes that do play but when I choose one it just tries to cycle through (3 dots indicating it's trying to load).  I have also tried to reset but to no available.  Please advise.

0 Kudos