Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MacAlpi54
Level 7

Roku Channel won't play some videos

My Hisense Roku TV is working on all other channels but the Roku channel will not play some titles.  This Old House (hubby's fav), when video is selected just keeps coming back to "resume Season 39, Ep 3".

Thus far I have:

Restarted Router, and TV (via settings)

Deleted Roku App and re-added

Checked for TV update . . . was current as of first thing this morning.

Suggestions?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Channel won't play some videos

Hey @MacAlpi54

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you name us the other shows experiencing the issue?

Furthermore, have you restarted your Roku TV before adding the channel back in? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried it yet, we recommend trying it once again. 

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

0 Kudos
heather_lincoln
Level 7

I did that it didn’t help you need to fix this

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @heather_lincoln,

Thanks for reaching out on Community. We'd like to investigate and try to help.

Does the issue only occur on The Roku channel or all channels on your Roku device and does this happens on all movies/shows on The Roku channel or just specific titles? How long has the issue been occurring?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
macalpinecanada
Level 7

Hi I replied to one of your colleagues some time ago.  One of your other colleagues on the live chat investigated and it was a Canada/US thingy.  TV and usage were in Canada but my account was set up with my US TVs.  Solution:  Log out, Factory Reset TV.  Establish a Roku Canada Account and log in with that and  . . . .Shazam . . . everything's great now.

Thanks for the follow up!

0 Kudos
heather_lincoln
Level 7

It’s all Roku content in the Roku channel I’ve removed added channel, system reset, internet reset and factory reset this tv is six months old still new please help this sucks

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Thanks for the following up, @heather_lincoln.

Additional question, are you receiving an error message when attempted to stream The Roku Channel? 

Please try to remove the channel again, then update the Roku device by going to Settings > System > System update > Check now, restart your Roku device, and add back the channel.

If you see something different, can you please let us know what you are seeing?

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos