Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amens

Re: Roku Channel will not load

I am having the same problem now. I followed your directions and highlighted the Roku tile. I then press the star and remove channel is not one of the options. I can Dash move channel, manage subscription, check for updates, or give feedback. What can I do now? I have already rebooted And that didn’t work. There are no updates to load. What can I do next

0 Kudos
Mazz
Roku Guru

When i launched it none of the thumbnails would load and said error.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @amens @Mazz,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!
We believe this issue has been resolved. If you are still experiencing an issue, please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing so we can investigate further.
Check out this link for more info: ***RESOLVED Service Interruption - The Roku Channel on web and device | Official Roku Support

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
MakowskiR

I tried that, it won't even remove the channel. The little just spins and spins and spins. When it does this the device is completely frozen. When I try to launch the channel it just stays stuck at 0%. Every other channel works fine, and the Roku channel works fine on my three other Roku devices. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MakowskiR,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the playback issue with The Roku Channel that you are experiencing.

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

What channel are you watching when this occurs? How long has the issue been occurring? Try disconnecting the power to both your Roku device and your wireless router for a few mins, then plug both devices back in, and once the router connects to the internet, try loading content again. This is the first step we'd suggest to troubleshoot connection issues.

Let us know how it goes!

Kind regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

@Cfont wrote:

I am having the same problem

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @Kannesealey

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us specifically about the issue you're running into?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Chibamama

I am trying to load the actual Roku Channel - it will take me into the channel it - will show all the content which I presume is free I never see any information about how to pay for it or to subscribe to anything - to reiterate this is the channel titled the Roku Channel and... 

for example when I select Peppa Pig, it'll show me all the episodes of Peppa Pig. when I select an episode of Peppa Pig it will have the icons saying play whatever episode it is, but when I select it it will briefly flash to a "loading..." for a couple of seconds and then return to the previous button which says play the episode. It never actually loads the episode or begins to play

II have reset both the Roku and my modem, all my other channels (netflix hbo max etc) work fine. This seems to be an isolated the roku channel situation

I have tried it with both movies and serial episodes

My model is 4200x - roku 3

Software 10.0.0  build 4209-04

Channel vrs 4.2  build 3

This may be pertinent as well but I literally just installed the Roku channel for the first time

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Chibamama

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing. 

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
FlipFlop1

My problem is that all the movies etc on Roku will not load and play even though they are free.  It will spin for a second like it is going to load but then go back to play.  I have done all the suggestions to fix and nothing works

0 Kudos