Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Channel will not load

Im having trouble with getting into and watching the roku channel. It was working this morning for me but now it will not. It says failed to load content. I cant even access the tips & tricks to figure this out myself. 

31 REPLIES 31
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Channel will not load

Try rebooting everything - modem/router and Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
eag7
Channel Surfer

resolved

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@eag7 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device do you have? When removing a channel, did you make sure to restart the device before adding the channel back again, specifically in that order?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cfont

I am having the same problem

TeceKitty

We are having the same problem.  Just started doing this yesterday.  

0 Kudos
Mccllen23
Reel Rookie

Mine just started the same thing yesterday and still will not open on either the Roku channel or tips and tricks as well today. I have tried all the steps and still nothing. 

MPayne13
Reel Rookie

Experiencing the same issue. Resetting everything has not worked. I have 2 Roku TVs only the ONN is doing this. The other is accessing the channel with no problem. I also can't access my hbo via Roku. Assistance is needed ASAP.

I am having the same problem. I have an error on my screen that says “failed to load content“. All the other apps access to buy my Roku device are working fine. It is just the Roku channel with which I am having problems.  I have tried rebooting my router, rebooting my Roku ultra device. Nothing works. I’ve only had it about 3 months.

And Roku‘s support system stinks! You spend hours looking through all of these posts trying to find an answer. All I found was more questions with answers that don’t apply to your problem!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@FrustratedwR

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator