Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yort
Level 7

Roku Channel will not launch

I have a Sharp Roku tv and recently my Roku channel will not launch. I noticed that the software was updated to 9.2 and this problem seems to coincide with the update. Any advice would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Roku Channel will not launch

Just tried my Sharp Roku TV and it started with no problem. I have 9.2 also. The usual first suggestion is to remove the channel, reboot the device (don't forget this, and that doesn't mean just powering it off) then reinstall the channel. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
yort
Level 7

"atc98092" wrote:
Just tried my Sharp Roku TV and it started with no problem. I have 9.2 also. The usual first suggestion is to remove the channel, reboot the device (don't forget this, and that doesn't mean just powering it off) then reinstall the channel. 

I reinstalled the channel several times but no joy. How do I reboot?
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

HI,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Is Roku Channel the only channel that you observe this issue with? It's possible there may be an issue within the channel itself that the service provider will need to investigate. 

Try removing the Roku channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your TV from Settings>System>Power>System restart. Once your TV starts up again, add the Roku channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@yort 

If following the steps above doesn't resolve your issue, please send me a PM with the serial number of your TV from Settings>System>About and I will follow up directly to help investigate and assist you further. 

Thanks! 
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
yort
Level 7

It looks like my current OS is not 9.2 but 9.0.2! And when I try to do a system update it says all software is up to date. Also the Roku Channel version is 2.0 which can't be right.
0 Kudos