Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Channel signing in problems

Bought a new Roku Stick 4K cause other one stopped working. Now I can't get the App for the Roku channel to let me sign in. It doesn't have an option to sign in on the TV. I can sign in on the mobile app. Without being able to sign in on my TV I'm unable to use my saved list for shows/movies.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Channel signing in problems

@Mellongirl606, you shouldn't need to sign in on The Roku Channel on a Roku device since it uses the Roku account the device is linked to.  If you used the same account/email address for your new Roku then everything should carry over.  If you created a new account for the new Roku device then your old information is still tied to the old device's account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Channel signing in problems

Hello, @Mellongirl606, to clarify, The Roku Channel makes it simple to access the material it offers by eliminating the need for login panels. As @renojim mentioned, any material you choose to watch through the Roku Channel will use your Roku account credentials. Your Roku account information is registered to the device during the first sign-up process, which you'll be requested to do when the device first boots up. If you use the same email address on your new Roku device as you did on your previous one, you should be able to access the same subscriptions. If there is anything else you are unsure of or have any questions over be sure to let us know!

0 Kudos