Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tangerine3
Channel Surfer

Roku Channel save to list feature missing

I just read a Roku blog post (https://www.roku.com/blog/the-roku-channel-adds-save-list-feature) about being able to save shows to a list on the Roku Channel to be able to watch later but I don't see the option on my Roku Ultra 4660X v. 11.0.0. Pressing the asterisk on a show does nothing.

I've read other posts here about the saved list coming and going but I can't even add a show. Does anyone know if this feature is supposed to work on Roku devices or only on roku.com?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Channel save to list feature missing

@tangerine3 

You're not going to like the answer. But here's the answer.

Those features don't come with OS 11. They require OS 11. The difference is that you have to first have OS 11 installed, then Roku will at some time in the future roll out the features.

They may all come at once (I think probably not) or they may roll out piecemeal (I think likely).

Often, features will roll out with the OS, but not this time. I've seen no new functions so far. And this is why.

They're coming. Eventually.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

I just did this. I opened up the Roku channel. Picked a show. Cold case. I added it to my save list. I backed out and there it was. It my saved list on my Roku channel. Under this though "The new feature is available across The Roku Channel home screen on TV, web, or mobile in the U.S., U.K. and Canada."

@DBDukes  You don't need Roku OS11. It is an option even with 10.5

DBDukes

Ah, Roku Channel. Yes, that functionality is available, and does not require OS 11. I was thinking of What To Watch which is an OS 11 required feature.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Streamer317
Roku Guru

Proof it worksProof it works

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@tangerine3 

The Save feature should be available on both your Roku devices (for the Roku Channel content) , the online Roku Channel, and through the official Roku Remote App.

It is available on my Ultra 4660 (10.5), so could be broken on 11.0 OS for your device or as you indicated, users have noticed this feature disappears from their device(s) occasionally but will return the next day.  Other users have noticed that some shows recently added to the Roku Channel are also not showing in the Save List even after pressing *button  and "Saving" them (when the Save List is actually available).

Certainly something on the Roku side of things, not anything you are doing wrong.

If you do not see the return of your Save List tomorrow (most likely due to the Roku daily automatic update/synchronization), post back with an update.  

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
demsd
Roku Guru

@tangerine3 wrote:

Pressing the asterisk on a show does nothing.

Does the option to Add To Save List appear on the shows description page?

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
tangerine3
Channel Surfer

Thanks to everyone for replying so quickly! I still don't seem to have the option to save a show using my Roku Ultra. I *can* save a show using the app on my phone, but I don't have a "save list" on my Roku so that doesn't help. 

No, sorry, I should have explained better that the way shown in that blog post (clicking on the "Add to Save List") doesn't appear on my Roku Ultra.

I'm guessing that's the way @Streamer317  added Cold Case as a test?

It's a shame it's not working for me. I was one of the people who got to beta test the first Roku way back when Netflix was testing out allowing customers to stream content and I've enjoyed seeing the progress Roku has made along the way. Now that The Roku Channel has so much more content I'm hoping this "save" feature will work for me soon.

BTW, I had NO idea The Roku Channel has a search option within the channel! I've never scrolled down far enough through all the rows to see it and for some reason it never occurred to me to scroll *up*. Smiley Embarassed

0 Kudos