Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Channel "Continue Watching" problem

I had a premium subscription to HBO on The Roku Channel to watch the final seasons of Veep and Game of Thrones. When those shows ended I canceled the subscription rather than letting it renew for another month. But now whenever I open the channel I find a "Continue Watching" section which lists other HBO shows that I watched when I subscribed. If I click on one of those shows I get a "Start subscription to watch" message. I'm wondering if that Continue Watching section will eventually disappear or if the Roku Channel will just forever taunt me to continue watching a list of shows that I can't actually watch.

No, this is not a good way to convince me to resubscribe.

I tried removing the channel, rebooting my roku and adding the channel again. That didn't help. I didn't actually think that it would because the same thing is also happening on the web at therokuchannel.roku.com.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku Channel "Continue Watching" problem

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here. This is great feedback for our team! 

Currently, that content will still display for a period of time, but will eventually be replaced by more recent content that you're watching. 

We're always looking for ways to continue improving and appreciate the insights here.

Cheers,
Tanner
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Channel "Continue Watching" problem

Thanks, Tanner
0 Kudos