Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denhow
Level 7

Roku Channel "Continue Watching" problem

I had a premium subscription to HBO on The Roku Channel to watch the final seasons of Veep and Game of Thrones. When those shows ended I canceled the subscription rather than letting it renew for another month. But now whenever I open the channel I find a "Continue Watching" section which lists other HBO shows that I watched when I subscribed. If I click on one of those shows I get a "Start subscription to watch" message. I'm wondering if that Continue Watching section will eventually disappear or if the Roku Channel will just forever taunt me to continue watching a list of shows that I can't actually watch.

No, this is not a good way to convince me to resubscribe.

I tried removing the channel, rebooting my roku and adding the channel again. That didn't help. I didn't actually think that it would because the same thing is also happening on the web at therokuchannel.roku.com.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku Channel "Continue Watching" problem

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here. This is great feedback for our team! 

Currently, that content will still display for a period of time, but will eventually be replaced by more recent content that you're watching. 

We're always looking for ways to continue improving and appreciate the insights here.

Cheers,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
denhow
Level 7

Re: Roku Channel "Continue Watching" problem

Thanks, Tanner
0 Kudos