Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
t8226

Roku Channel "Cannot Access Program"

On the Roku Channel, several different titles say "Cannot access program" and then it iwll say it is not available or has expired. I tried forcing a software update but it is currently on the latest version. Some of the titles not available I have tried are Glory, I Survived, and Hoarders to name a few. Some other titles will play though, like Unsolved Mysteries. Thank you for your help

17 REPLIES 17
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Channel "Cannot Access Program"

@t8226 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku model
-serial number
-device ID
-OS
(these can be found in Settings > System > About)
-channel version (this can be found by selecting the channel and pressing the * button)

With this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dianeberh

Mine is doing and saying the same thing. I’ve tried a system restart and a system update but it isn’t working. What should I do?

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Dianeberh, by any chance are you in Canada?

You should give the information @RokuDanny-R asked for from @t8226 so he can look into it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DCR1
Reel Rookie

The "cannot access program" error message started October 1st.  I assumed that the Roku Channel's license for some of the programs we view had expired, and that they hadn't removed those programs from the list yet.  But, new programs "The Rebel", "The Lone Ranger" were listed since Oct. 1st, and they give the same error message.  We still can view other programs from old and new vintages, so it shouldn't be a problem with the technology used.

On my end, I ran through all of the website's support suggestions to no avail.  The other check I made was to view the trouble programs on a laptop.  They play okay without an error.  I can only guess that The Roku Channel team has made some modifications at their end, as other users are reporting this problem.

DCR

Missik

Thanks for the suggestion Jim, I tried Morgan Davis'sTechniques I didn't have any luck with my "cannot access program" but I continue to look for solutions. 

Is there a solution to this problem yet? I have the same problem and it looks like it has been several months now of it happening. AdultSwim seems to work fine. I have tried several of the "solutions" online already.

0 Kudos
Evelyn2
Reel Rookie

We're having the same problem!  Sometimes we can watch several minutes of a program on the Roku channel, then when it tries to return from a commercial break we get the "Cannot Access Program" message.  Sometimes we can't watch at all.  The program will come up and look like it's loading in, but then the message pops up.  We've tried all the suggested solutions, including factory reset.  Nothing has worked.  Wish someone at Roku could figure out what's causing the problem and fix it!  Everything with our unit worked fine until several weeks ago.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Evelyn2

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Evelyn2
Reel Rookie

RokuDanny-R

Thank you for your reply.  Here's the info you requested.   Hope it helps.  

Device model - 3000x - Roku 2HD

Serial number - 11C1CA027606

Device FCC ID - TC23100x

Software version - 9.1.0. - build 5009-02

Occurs on Roku Channel - version 2.5 - build 19

Tracker ID on 3 different incidents:  06-430-373    06-430-377    06-430-379

0 Kudos