Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Channel movies

There are quite a few movies on the actual Roku channel that won't play. I know it's a free Channel but come on, put up files that actually work!!! 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Channel movies

@Jolene 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please be more specific in what movie titles are not playing? What is happening when you see this issue?

Can you please provide a tracker ID for each of the issues that you are seeing? You can create a tracker ID by pressing the Home button 5x, followed by the Back button 5x when the issue occurs.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

No movie will play on Roku Channel such as: Wrath of the Titans, How to Train your Dragon, Little Giants, etc. I am using a Roku Ultra 4660X.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I already removed and replaced the Roku Channel app and reset my Roku.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I've tried to watch Children of the corn, all the Hellraiser movies and to many more to list.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@cachitoman @Jolene 

Thanks for the post.

We were unable to replicate the issue you have reported.

What are you seeing when you try to play the movie? When this issue occurs can you provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have a Roku 2 and my channel version is 2.5- Build 19.

Serial number 13c27a025756.

Model number 3100X- Roku 3XS

Most of the movies won't play. The ads at the beginning play and then it goes back to movie info page. 

I've tried watching the Hellraiser movies, Children of the Corn, and a lot of others. I can't list them all.

Trying to get the error I'd doesn't work.

Thanks

Jolene

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

The 3100X is a Roku 2 XS - a second generation Roku released in 2011.  Current models are eighth generation.  The 3100 is considered a legacy product and cannot run modern versions of the Roku operating software.  (Reference: https://developer.roku.com/docs/specs/hardware.md)

I suspect that is the reason your movies won't play -- they probably require the capabilities of later units.  Sounds like it's time to retire that antique and upgrade.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Jolene 

Thanks for the information.

As @makaiguy mentioned, your Roku device is a much older Roku device that is no longer supported. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos