Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chemo38
Level 8

Roku Channel movies not working

I have the same problem with the Roku Channel. The following movies will not play:  Dirty Harry, Fury, The Perfect Storm, etc. The lack of valid customer support is aggravating.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Channel movies not working

@chemo38 

Thanks for the post.

Are you still experiencing this issue? What Roku device are you currently using? Can you please provide the title of the movies that you are unable to watch on The Roku Channel?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
moltendarkman
Level 7

the jerry springer and steve wilico show dont work eather iam useing a hisence Roku tv the roku app is garbage tryed calling tec support and the tec did not speak no english at all. how about hireing some who actualy speaks english......roku support sucks!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
chemo38
Level 8

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@chemo38 

Thanks for the post.

Are you still experiencing this issue? What Roku device are you currently using? Can you please provide the title of the movies that you are unable to watch on The Roku Channel?

Thanks,
Danny

Yes, I replaced my Roku 3 with a Roku Express and THAT WAS WORSE! The movies I cannot load are: A Perfect Storm, Fury, Crimson Tide, Dirty Harry, etc. Basically, any movie that a lot of money will not play.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@moltendarkman 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? Can you provide us with a specific season/episode for each that you are seeing the issue with?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@chemo38 

Thanks for the information.

We are unable to reproduce the issue you are experiencing.

Are you able to stream content on other channels on your device?

Please provide us with the following information so we can take a further look into the issue:
-Roku model number
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS
(these all can be found in Settings > System > About)
-channel version (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
DoctorJesus3000
Level 7

I have a similar problem in Canada. The more appealing well known brand name movies won't play. Is this how roku lures people to their channel? By offering appealing titles that don't work then users surf for something else since they're already on the channel. Not the greatest theory but something is fishy since it is only the "big" movies that won't load. If I wasn't such a cheap movie junkie I would give up on this channel.

chemo38
Level 8

Time to go look at Torrents.

0 Kudos
chemo38
Level 8

I provided all this info to you. I am still waiting for a solution. It is becoming aggravating looking at ads for movies that will not play on the Roku Channel.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@chemo38 

Thanks for the post.

We have not received the information that we have requested from you in my previous post.

Please provide us with the requested information so we can pass it along to the appropriate team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos