Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Roku Channel: Where are the new channels I'm reading about, and where is the GUIDE?

Jump to solution

I've read several articles in the last 24 hours about new channels on the Roku "Channel" app, and about some kind of guide or other. I even saw a screenshot in one of the articles that shows the guide positioned in the "Live" row. I've been all through that and every other row of selections in the Roku "Channel," and I cannot find any kind of program guide.

What's the deal?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Roku Channel: Where are the new channels I'm reading about, and where is the GUIDE?

Jump to solution

Most of those articles include the following info:

"The channel guide should begin rolling out this week to Roku’s streaming players, such as the Roku Ultra, Roku Premiere+ and the Roku Express, while Roku TVs and other Roku-enabled devices will get the grid in the coming weeks."

You just haven't received the update yet.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Roku Channel: Where are the new channels I'm reading about, and where is the GUIDE?

Jump to solution

"The channel guide should begin rolling out this week to Roku’s streaming players, such as the Roku Ultra, Roku Premiere+ and the Roku Express, while Roku TVs and other Roku-enabled devices will get the grid in the coming weeks."

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Jump to solution

I have a Roku 4 and the 9.3 OS update. The Roku channel does have the new channel guide.

Roku1.jpgRoku2.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

To clarify: We have the new channels, just not the guide? Or we won't have either until some time "in the coming weeks." By the way, I always hated that phrase. Since all weeks that have not actually already happened are "coming," it equates to "at some unknown (to you) point in the future." Might as well have used that one. Or they could have put it more plainly, and just stated that Roku TV owners would get the guide "eventually."

Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution

I'm with you there.  It's basically a "check back later" phrase.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

@optikhog wrote:

I just wanted to state, "Thanks," again. And to add that I recently read another of those articles, and it used the language "in the coming months." From what I gather, the channels aren't anything to look forward to, anyway. I don't watch television much and was mainly thinking of my mother as a potential user of the thing, though, and she doesn't have any use for television shows/movies made after 1970 or thereabouts, so one or more of them might be of use to her.

0 Kudos