Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SC-NMB
Level 7

Roku Channel - Weather Nation is Problematic

I use the Roku Channel quite a bit. I watch various news within Roku channel. But when I watch WeatherNation on the Roku channel- it is problematic. Every so often, the sound drops off. I have to back it out to the Roku menu and come back in to get the sound back. But there are more issues. After a while it may completely lock up with a loud buzz and a frozen screen. The Roku may reboot itself or I may have to shut down the tv until the roku reboots itself and then I come all the way back in to reload Weather Nation in the Roku Channel. 
No other channel in there does this. Why is this one so Odd? This AM, there was yet another odd issue- the people were speaking as if Sped Up- then it reset something and they were talking in normal speed again. Odd behavior on this one channel within the Roku Channel grouping. Oh- I am using Roku 3. But it happens on Stick and another Roku 3 I have in the house. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Channel - Weather Nation is Problematic

@SC-NMB 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the following information: 
-Roku device model(s)
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

If this is happening on multiple device, it would be helpful to have all of the information requested above for both devices if you are able to replicated. Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team for further investigation.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
SC-NMB
Level 7

Re: Roku Channel - Weather Nation is Problematic

-Roku device model(s) - 
4200x-Roku 3
-serial number
1GU460092047
-device ID
- No device ID listed in the System information. IP address, network name, EthernetMACaddress, wirelessMACaddress- which do you need?

-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
9.3.0 BUILD 4194.04

-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
ROKU CHANNEL - LIVE TV - WeatherNation

-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
It locks up so it won't respond to any buttons 
I have to wait for it to reboot itself and start Roku Channel over and select Live TV and select Weather Nation again. 

Let me know any other questions. 

Thank!
0 Kudos