Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neub
Level 7

Roku Channel Defaults to Kids & Family Channel

Jump to solution

PLEASE HELP:

When I go into the Roku Channel, no matter what I select I get sent to the Kids & Family section. 

I'm not sure if I accidentally changed the settings or what but I've tried all of the general troubleshooting solutions and am out of ideas. 

How do I get my Roku Channel back!!??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Neub
Level 7

Re: Roku Channel Defaults to Kids & Family Channel

Jump to solution

Factory reset fixed the issue.

I still am curious as to what caused the issue to begin with. Only thing I can guess is that somehow channel permissions were changed unintentionally. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Neub
Level 7

Jump to solution

Factory reset fixed the issue.

I still am curious as to what caused the issue to begin with. Only thing I can guess is that somehow channel permissions were changed unintentionally. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 21

Jump to solution

If this happens again, a factory reset may be overkill.  There are some things I'd try first that don't involve having to set everything up from scratch again.

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel installation has gotten corrupted. A reinstall may fix the problem, so give it a try. Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    From home screen, Settings > System > System restart.  (On a Roku TV it's Settings > System > Power > System restart.) to clear the Roku's memory.
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.

If that doesn't get it, then try pulling the power plug for a few seconds and plugging back in.

If that still doesn't get it, you can always resort to the factory reset.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos