Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ptmcdonald
Channel Surfer

Re: Picture randomly ZOOMS in

Jump to solution

So...  if I buy a new Ford and the tires keep going flat I should expect that Ford will tell me it's not their problem and that I should take my car to Goodyear to be looked at.  Got it.  Smiley Happy

Ritaz

Jump to solution

Another person posted that you have to download the FoxNow channel and it doesn’t have any problems. I tried and it works.

0 Kudos

Re: Roku Channel, Channel 120 zoomed in Live Now by Fox

Jump to solution

Same issue here. Channel 120 after 30 seconds video frame zooms in, cutting off the rest.

Roku TV Insignia model#
NS-50DR620NA18

0 Kudos
Wheels79
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Greetings everyone.

Here is a solution to work around the issue...

Hey everyone,

I have not heard back from my inquires, I did find a work around...

1. Download the Fox Now App on your Roku (it is free)

2. Open the app, navigate to the News Tab at the top.

3. Scroll down to the "Live Now" Row and select "LiveNow from Fox"

I know it is a few more steps but doing it this way, it does not zoom.

Exystant

Jump to solution

Mine does this mostly on the same (120 Fox LiveNow) channel. It’s happened on other channels, but not as often. It’s been happening to me for about 2-3 months now. The TV in my bedroom is a 43” Hisense Roku TV and I have a Roku box connected to my living room TV because it’s not a smart TV, and this zoomed in problem only happens on my Roku TV in the bedroom. Odd..

0 Kudos
schmit
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Haha, exactly. The Roku management team allows this protocol/canned message as they want the customer to do their leg work.

If the customer fixes it, we fix it for all their customers. They receive free employment lol.

Just download the fox app = their greediness backfires as they lose viewership on their commercials..

0 Kudos
schmit
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Also previously stated in this thread, your customers are not interested in giving Roku free employment by solving this with the provider.

Problem is solved by getting the fox app = Roku's attempt to use their customers as free support tools backfires.

I'll be happy to consult for Roku and resolve with YOUR provider. My consultation fee is $100/hr.

0 Kudos
JimPetro
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have a similar problem when using the Roku streaming channels on my TCL TV ( channel 120).  I got the same response from Roku and TCL support...' contact the app provider direct.' .  Does anyone know who or where that may be?

I would like a more permeant solution rather than adding an app.  It is much more convenient to tune to it on the TCL TV.

Jim

0 Kudos
Wheels79
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I contacted live now by Fox with no luck so I found the work around with the fox now app. At this point it's the only solution.

schmit
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Understandable..

The answer is to contact Roku's vendor (Fox), who pays Roku to have their channel within the Roku app. Acting on behalf of Roku as their freelancer customer support agent. Lol

Ask them to fix it on behalf of Roku, cuz all of Roku's customers are experiencing it on their channel. Maybe they'll listen to you and fix it? 

0 Kudos