Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wheels79
Channel Surfer

Roku Channel, Channel 120 zoomed in Live Now by Fox

Jump to solution

After watching Live Now by Fox for about 60 seconds (Roku Channel 120), it zooms in so you can only see a portion of the screen.  I've seen this happen with other channels before but usually it is fixed within a day or two.  This has been several days, and I don't know who to contact to correct.  Thanks for any help.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Channel, Channel 120 zoomed in Live Now by Fox

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If this is the only channel you are currently experiencing this issue with, I'd recommend reaching out to channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

Wheels79
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Greetings everyone.

Here is a solution to work around the issue...

Hey everyone,

I have not heard back from my inquires, I did find a work around...

1. Download the Fox Now App on your Roku (it is free)

2. Open the app, navigate to the News Tab at the top.

3. Scroll down to the "Live Now" Row and select "LiveNow from Fox"

I know it is a few more steps but doing it this way, it does not zoom.

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43
ptmcdonald
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

fwiw...  experiencing the same thing here across multiple devices...  seems only to affect Live Now...

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Wheels79 @ptmcdonald

Thanks for the posts.

Is this the only channel that you are experiencing this issue with or does it happen with other channels? Are you accessing these channels through OTA?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Wheels79
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Greetings Danny,

Yes I am accessing this on the channel guide, channel 120 though the Live TV (OTA).  It appears to only be happening to this channel at the moment.  I have seen it happen to other channels in the past but it is usually fixed within a day or two, this however has been like this for at least a couple of weeks now.

Thanks, 

Stephen

ptmcdonald
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi Danny...  same experience here...  It is the Fox Live NOW channel on the streaming segment of the OTA input.  It has been happening for a couple week or so and for the moment it seems to be the only channel affected.  As an added datum, if I tune to this same channel via the Roku Live Guide of the Roku Channel App (on a non-RokuTV with an attached Roku appliance), I see the same result...

UPDATE:  It is NOT happening on all of my Rokus....  I have an old Roku Express+ on one of my older TVs that required a RCA composite input.  I just tried tuning to channel 120 (Fox Live NOW) on this device and am NOT seeing the issue.  So in my case it is happening on every TCL Roku TV I have (but not  Sanyo) as well as most attached Roku devices (newer 4K HDMI).  In the single instance of an older Express+ connected via composite, the issue also does not happen.  For clarity, the "issue" is the channel initially displays fine then after a brief period (few seconds) it auto zooms to the upper left quadrant of the image (displaying about 1/4 of the original image).

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If this is the only channel you are currently experiencing this issue with, I'd recommend reaching out to channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
ptmcdonald
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi Danny, I appreciate the response but it is not very useful.  You guys are the ones who have relationships with the App developers on your platform.  I'm not going to invest 1 minute to solve a problem for you.  Instead, I will choose the path of least resistance and stop watching the Roku Channel.  That solves my problem with much less effort.  I never really cared if it works or not, I was just informing youj guys of a problem.  If you don't care, then neither do I.  🙂

Regards, Merry Christmas, and all the best in the new year.

Wheels79
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have sent the information to LiveNow by Fox along with Danny's reply via their Facebook page, hopefully they will respond... we will see what happens and I will update thread.

Derek330

Jump to solution

Same issue.  Tried the System Restart method and it didn’t fix it.  

0 Kudos
Derek330

Jump to solution

Hi Wheels, thank you for following up on this with LiveNOW (Channel 120).  I will be following this thread.  

Hi Danny, I am having the same issue as the other two individuals you’ve corresponded with in this thread.  I’ve already auto-updated to the Dec 17th build.   I’ve noticed this problem has been on going at least a month or longer.

It is strange that it seems like only the LiveNOW channel 120.  Just a thought, could all three of us have the same TV model?  I’m no expert, but I know computers and smart TVs share similar tech.  Just wondering if it’s possible this isn’t a bigger deal for larger audiences using Roku products, instead like us - just a very small minority of Roku TV users.  I don’t recall if the other posters shared their Roku specs.   Here’s some of my information:

Roku TV - 7135X

TCL model - 55S425

SW Ver. 10.5.0 build 4210-30 (Dec 17th)

Device ID - KMK960929456

-Derek

0 Kudos