Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanMcCabeTX
Level 7

Roku Channel Autoplay

I've been watching some TV series on the Roku Channel.
Thanks very much for the content. I really enjoy it.
Is there a way to turn off the automatic play of the next episode?
0 Kudos
8 Replies
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: Roku Channel Autoplay

Currently, none that I'm aware of.  Most channels on the Roku platform function this way.

I can send a feature request to the higher ups for this tomorrow morning.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Level 7

Send a request that when you design a feature it comes with an off option as well. It's moronic to force autoplay thinking everyone actually wants that. It never ceases to amaze me how designers who are supposdely very smart lack total common sense.
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Level 7

Is there still no way to turn autoplay off after all of these months??? Does Roku even care?
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Emissary35

Thanks for following up. To help clarify the answer here, autoplay functionality is determined within each channel, by the channel developer. This is not a Roku system feature as of now. 

Most channels (apps) that offer this feature provide the ability to enable or disable it within their individual 'Settings' menu inside the channel. I'd recommend following up with any specific channel provider for more information and assistance with adjusting any setting within their channel.

Edit* - I will pass along this feedback to our team regarding The Roku Channel. Thanks for the clarification!

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
blade_005
Level 10

"RokuTannerD" wrote:
@Emissary35

Thanks for following up. To help clarify the answer here, autoplay functionality is determined within each channel, by the channel developer. This is not a Roku system feature as of now. 

Most channels (apps) that offer this feature provide the ability to enable or disable it within their individual 'Settings' menu inside the channel. I'd recommend following up with any specific channel provider for more information and assistance with adjusting any setting within their channel.

Thanks,
Tanner

Tanner,

More specifically it would be nice if Roku offered the ability to toggle AutoPlay ON or OFF on the content that you they are offering. I don't subscribe to any 'Channels' thru Roku, but I do stream ad-supported content that Roku makes available thru The Roku Channel. There currently is no ability to turn OFF Autoplay. It can be frustrating to begin watching Episode 4 of a series at night and if you doze off you may wake up and now you are half-way through streaming Episode 6. With a Roku TV I have learned my lesson and use the SLEEP TIMER feature and set it to 1 hour when I begin watching a 42 minute episode at night. Worse case then is I may go 18 minutes into the next episode.
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SmartCast SB3651‑E6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)
0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 10

"RokuTannerD" wrote:
@Emissary35

Thanks,
Tanner

Tanner,
The OP specifically mentioned "The Roku Channel".  So I think they are looking for you to pass that onto Roku.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@twiceover

Thanks for the clarification. Edited my previous post and will share the feedback!

Cheers,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
blade_005
Level 10

"RokuTannerD" wrote:
@twiceover

Thanks for the clarification. Edited my previous post and will share the feedback!

Cheers,
Tanner

Tanner,

If you are passing along feature requests and/or feedback to THE ROKU CHANNEL development team, the ability to create USER PROFILES and add TV SERIES and MOVIES to a MY LIST section of a created USER PROFILE would be a very useful addition.

Thanks.
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SmartCast SB3651‑E6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)
0 Kudos