Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Channel Autoplay

The last post on this topic was in May. Has The Roku Channel fixed the problem yet. The "options" button seems to work on all channels except The Roku Channel. Please advise.

Highlighted
Level 7

Was this feature ever added?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Good lord PLEASE allow us to turn off auto play on The Roku Channel! Creates major controversy in our house when I say it’s time to turn off the TV, but the kids always see there is yet another cartoon beginning. So annoying to not be able to stop this...

Level 7

I just helped my parents (in their 70s, retired) set up their Roku and the first show they watched was Alf on the Roku channel. 

I spoke with my mother this morning. She shared concerns because yesterday they used 9 gigabytes of days, and their internet plan only allows 300 gigs total before overcharges begin (and before you ask, they live in a rural area and do not have much competition in the way of internet providers). I explained that watching one Woodie if any show would not use up nine gigs worth of data. After further investigation, we figured out that autoplay was on and it was still streaming all alpha episodes and they were already on season one episode 16. I spent time with her over the phone remotely trying to figure out how to turn off autoplay on the Roku channel, but I could not find a solution. This is concerning because they are on a limited data plan on their internet cable provider. 

If a "turn off autoplay" solution has been implement for this channel, could you please respond? Because I would like to help my parents turn off autoplay so that they do not receive a large bill than normal from their ISP.  Otherwise, I will recommend to my parents to watch a different channel in the future. And I would kindly ask that you pass on to the Roku developers to have a "discontinue autoplay"  option on this channel. Thank you.

Highlighted
Level 7

I loathe autoplay with a passion, and find it rather puzzling that anyone would want it. However, I would be perfectly satisfied with the ability to turn it off even if on is the default. Unfortunately that still seems not to be the case with the Roku channel.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

It is hard to believe that it had been almost 2 years since the OP made this request, and “The Roku Channel” still doesn’t have the ability to turn off Autoplay. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Why in the name of God’s green earth do content providers default to “auto-play on their content? Virtually NO ONE wants this feature by default. 

ROKU, PLEASE make an option for your subscribers to TURN OFF Auto-play for any and all content. I and thousands would appreciate it I’m sure. 

Thank You !

Highlighted
Level 7

You can turn off autoplay on Netflix: Sign in, click manage your profile, uncheck Autoplay. I presume Prime, Hulu and other streaming services offer the same option but I'm not sure.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Who cares about “The Netflix Channel,” the problem is you can’t turn off autoplay on “The Roku Channel.”

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi there! I'm following comments. I want the opposite. I had autoplay next episodes and suddenly it stops after every episode and goes to some news channel. I thought I had accidentally pressed something to stop the continuous play of my show. From reading it sounds like its a channel setting but it was working then stopped on this channel. When one episode is over, my roku goes automatically to another channel. 

0 Kudos