Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
perry41
Level 7

Roku Channel Apps - All Shows Locked

Turned on Roku this morning, and the shows on our channels are all locked.  Tried signing in like normal, but shows still locked.  When I go to the channel's website to sign in with our usual cable provider, it says "Success!  You're ready to go!", but the shows on the Roku apps are still showing the red key and remain locked.  I tried reinstalling the channel apps, rebooting the Roku, factory reset the Roku, and nothing works.  Food Network, SYFY, A&E, History, E!, HGTV, Discovery...all of the shows are locked no matter what I do.  I called our cable provider, everything is fine there and all of the cable channels are still working normally.  But for some reason the Roku channel apps will not acknowledge that we are signed in with our regular provider and unlock the shows.  

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Channel Apps - All Shows Locked

@perry41 

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, please make sure that you restart the device before adding the channel back again.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Pattyfawn
Level 7

I'm having a similar issue. I'm literally watching Travel Channel on Xfinity right now, however, on my Roku app it's says it's locked? I haven't checked the other apps yet 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Pattyfawn wrote:

I'm having a similar issue. I'm literally watching Travel Channel on Xfinity right now, however, on my Roku app it's says it's locked? I haven't checked the other apps yet 

That sounds like an authentication error with the Xfinity servers. Since it's happening with multiple channels, that pretty much rules out a channel problem. The only common factor here is Xfinity authentication. And that doesn't happen on the Roku device itself. If you haven't already, I'd contact Xfinity. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
xKING_CITYx
Level 7

My mother-in-law has the same issue. its at the point to where i have to re-sign and re-authenticate the app everyday. It's really bad 

0 Kudos
Imaferrari
Level 7

I am having the same problem, my service provider is Directv. All shows on the food network are locked.  I’ve signed out and back in to both app and Directv.  What do I do?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Imaferrari wrote:

I am having the same problem, my service provider is Directv. All shows on the food network are locked.  I’ve signed out and back in to both app and Directv.  What do I do?

The channel provider will have to assist you with this. Roku themselves do not create or support 3rd party channels. According to the Roku Channel store, the contact for that channel is app-watchfoodnetwork@foodnetwork.com

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
u14852
Level 7

I’m having the same issue! I have to sign out of the app and activate the channel app every.single.day! I’m so annoyed with Roku! I didn’t have this issue a few months ago :/ I can’t figure out how to fix it. 

0 Kudos