Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Roku Channel App Losing Audio After Commercials

The Roku Channel app will lose audio after commercials.  I need to turn off the soundbar and turn it on to get sound back.  This does not happen on other apps.  I checked for app updates.  Any ideas on how to fix?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku Channel App Losing Audio After Commercials

I have a similar issue with my Roku Premiere + plugged into a Pioneed AVR via HDMI and then to the TV via HDMI. For me, this only happens on the CBS all access app. No others. Extremely annoying. I also have a Roku stick plugged directly into a TV and have tested on that, and it does not seem to have this problem. Very strange. Hoping someone has a suggestion.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku Channel App Losing Audio After Commercials

Solved with workaround. I discovered for my setup, if I change the Roku setting for audio under settings to Stereo instead of Auto, the problem doesn't occur. For all other Roku apps, I do not need to do this. If they are only stereo, I get stereo and all is fine. For apps that offer either Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital Plus, I get those. But for some reason for the CBS app on my setup, after the commercials, I lose the audio all together unless I reboot the setup or switch to Stereo. Not ideal but good enough for now as I don't use the CBS app very often.

0 Kudos