Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lolis
Level 7

Roku Audio Cuts out between episodes of Netflix and other apps

I'm going nuts. I JUST bought Roku Ultra and when watching Netflix or Sling, if the video switches (like between episodes or during a commercial on a Sling Channel) the audio just drops. The only way to fix it is seemingly to mute (even though there's no audio) and then unmute. I've tried everything, checked the volume leveling, the audio type (used every option from auto-detect to even PCM-Stereo - which is worthless since I have a fancy sound bar). Roku seems to be MIA. Their support team just asks me to power cycle, or cycle through audio options, etc. 

This seems like a firmware issue. I cut my cable assuming I would be using Roku, so this is extremely disappointing. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Audio Cuts out between episodes of Netflix and other apps

@lolis 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channels from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channels back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos