Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cookie13
Level 7

Roku Android App/HBO Max issues

I pay for HBO Max through Roku. It works fine on my TVs. HOWEVER, I cannot figure out how to watch it on my android phone. I've read every help topic and article. HBO shows up as a paid subscription in the android app but you cant access HBO max there. It was suggested (by Roku) to use the Roku logon info when signing into the HBO Max app but that doesnt work either. Someone please help meeeeeeeee

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Android App/HBO Max issues

@cookie13 

Although I do not have HBO Max, I believe it is similar to all other subscriptions purchased through/paid through Roku. Namely, you need to access the subscription through your Roku device only.

If you paid for your subscription directly through the provider (HBO Max), then you would be able to watch your subscription on any device (Roku, phone, tablet, etc).

Now some subscriptions can be watched from your phone or computer "through" the Roku Channel after you sign in but not sure if HBO Max is one of those.

Here is Roku support article on it.  Post back if I missed your question or you need more help.  

https://support.roku.com/article/1500008104062

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insigna RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
0 Kudos