Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cormdizzle824
Level 7

Roku. And Motorola is absolutely useless

Roku its half working at best, but it's half working with a half product..I have had nothing but dead end with this app.. and why do you not have a browser!?! Nothing is straight forward. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Roku. And Motorola is absolutely useless

You mentioned an app, but not the name of it, or what the specific issue with the app is.

Rokus dont support browsers, mostly due to lack of both low level OS access and/or high level APIs necessary to make browsing useful.

Is there something specific you are trying to access content-wise that doesnt have an app?

Also not sure what the Motorola reference is about, perhaps your modem/router/gateway - was there an issue connecting to/through it for your Roku setup?

Rokus use WiFi Direct for the remote, Miracast, and Hotel & Dorm connect - was there something else you were trying to use it for?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku. And Motorola is absolutely useless

A web browser on a Roku is a terrible idea. Without a method of connecting a keyboard and mouse/touchpad, web navigation would be a very bad experience. I have a web browser in a couple of my TVs, and they are completely useless. If you need a web browsing experience on your TV screen, then mirror your PC screen to the TV. Depending on the computer, you might be able to use a Roku to accomplish it, or your TV might support screen mirroring without any external device. 

But overall your rant really doesn't say anything, other than you are extremely unhappy about some sort of Roku and/or channel functionality. With a few more details, perhaps someone might be able to assist you. But please check your attitude at the door, as it's not very conducive to anyone desiring to assist.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos