Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lisakb140
Level 7

Roku 4 Stuck in Endless Start Up

I have a Roku 4 and am stuck in the dreaded endless dancing Roku startup loop.

I have no USB's or anything else plugged into my TV (just my Roku via HDMI cable). I also have no SD card in my Roku. I have unplugged the HDMI cables, and the power source to the Roku, and waited a few minutes, then plugged everything back in, to no avail.

I've also pressed the Reset button on the bottom for a long time (about a minute), and that has not helped either.

I tried to contact customer service here https://support.roku.com/contactus , but when I select my device (or really any other), I'm not taken to a form, there's only a "back" button. 

If anyone has any hail-mary ideas, I would really appreciate it!!!!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Roku 4 Stuck in Endless Start Up

Might help to get some background. When did it last work properly?

What was the first indication of an issue? You mention it's stuck in a bootup, but why was it being booted? Need to know all about the first indication of an issue, what was done, and what was the result.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
lisakb140
Level 7

I actually got it working after trying the hard reset button again. 

It had been working a couple hours before I last posted. I was using the app, it randomly crashed, and so I turned everything off. When I turned everything back on and tried to restart the device, that's when the issue happened.

All seems to be good though, for now..
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Just curious, which app/channel were you using that was crashing?
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
lisakb140
Level 7

It was a channel in development.
0 Kudos