Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku 3810X Streaming Stick refuses to see TV as HDCP 2.2

I have the Roku above and a new Vizio M507 TV. The Vizio has 4 HDMI inputs that they say all support HDCP 2.2. Despite this, auto config on the Roku says that the TV only supports 1.4 and DIsney+ refuses to play 4k HDR content if I force 4K HDR (30 or 60hz). 

Software on the Roku is 9.2.0. 

I'd appreciate any ideas here. Also posting on the Vizio site to see if they have thoughts.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku 3810X Streaming Stick refuses to see TV as HDCP 2.2

Incidentally, if I manually select one of the 4k HDR options is fails but ONCE detects HDCP 2.2 and worked. #sigh.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

You need to go into the input settings, choosing whichever HDMI input the Roku is plugged into and turning Full UHD color on and 4K HDR 60 should work
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi, I am having the same issue with the same TV and Roky stick +. Did you figure out a fix? my screen goes black whenever I select the auto display. I tried to manually select 4K 60 and it failed many times until for some reason it worked. But I want the 4K HDR setting, I am worried if I try again I'll lose the 4K display and be back to 720p (!!). I did what the other user said, turning on UHD in the TV settings. I am hoping a Roku engineer can help on this thread please?

0 Kudos