Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku 3 not supported by Movies Anywhere?

The Movies Anywhere app just spins and spins when I try to run it. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling.
Then I saw on MA's site that no version of Roku 3 is listed as being supported.

Really?

It's not like the MA app does anything special..at all. 

In fact, I also have it on the Fire TV and Apple TV and the MA app is extremely basic. It isn't even half as developed as the Vudu app on Roku...and it doesn't even do HDR or 4K.

So I have no clue why they couldn't make it to work on Roku 3.

From MA:
Roku: The following Roku devices are supported: Roku Express, 3700X Roku Express+, 3710X Roku® Streaming Stick®, 3600X Roku 4, 4400X Roku Premiere, 4620X Roku Premiere+, 4630X Roku Ultra, 4640X Roku TV, 5000X 4K Roku TV, 6000X, 7000X
https://help.moviesanywhere.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004972423-What-are-the-minimum-system-requireme...
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Roku 3 not supported by Movies Anywhere?

I should clarify that it is after the app is successfully authenticated on my phone using the on screen code displayed by the Roku app...the Roku app just spins and spins after that.
0 Kudos
Hellatrix
Level 7

Any update on this?
I have so many Disney movies we payed extra for to have digital copies and its super irritating not being able to watch them that way. I have a Roku 3, and have tried everything to make it work to only be told by customer service Movies Anywhere is not compatible with Roku 3.
0 Kudos

"Hellatrix" wrote:
Any update on this?
I have so many Disney movies we payed extra for to have digital copies and its super irritating not being able to watch them that way. I have a Roku 3, and have tried everything to make it work to only be told by customer service Movies Anywhere is not compatible with Roku 3.

Well, about 3 months, they had me create a second account and log in with that to test it. Sure enough...the app loaded up and worked..so they migrated my old account to the new account.

Wouldn't it figure...shortly after they did that..the new account started having the same exact issue with the app not working..so I gave up and decided to wait for a fix from them.

Then about a month later, the Movies Anywhere app got updated and it started working. Has been fine since then for me
0 Kudos