Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harshad
Level 7

Roku 3 and Yupp TV

I am planning to buy Roku 3. I live in Melbourne, Australia and would like to watch YuppTv on Roku 3. Is it possible to do so? If no, can I buy any other versions?

Thanks
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Roku 3 and Yupp TV

"Harshad" wrote:
I am planning to buy Roku 3. I live in Melbourne, Australia and would like to watch YuppTv on Roku 3. Is it possible to do so? If no, can I buy any other versions?

Thanks

Couple of things. Australia is not a supported country for Roku. That doesn't mean it won't work, but there is no support from Roku if you have problems.

YuppTV is content from India, right? There is no YuppTV channel (app) in the Channel Store, nor can I find a private (unsupported) channel at the major private channel lists I use. Unless their Website offers a Roku channel, you're out of luck there. (Content providers, not Roku, make the channels/apps.)

In the U.S., Roku offer foreign content via DishWorld. However, I believe that's a U.S. only channel/app. Not sure what, if anything, might work in your area.

I'd suggest you think long and hard before buying a Roku 3. Perhaps other users from Australia will chime in and offer their experience.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
vnazario
Level 8

"Harshad" wrote:

Thanks

Hello:

If it helps, Sony Blu-Ray players with streaming apps, Sony Internet TV streamers and Android based streamers all have a Yupp TV app. Devices with OperaTV store may also have it, but I am not too sure.

On Roku you can try using the Firefox beta channel. Using the new Firefox browser for android you could try to play the videos on your android device and "cast" it to your Roku. I haven't used YuppTV so I don't know if it'll work or not but you may certainly give it a try.

Hope these tips help.
vnazario

2xRoku2 XS,Roku1+SE,Logitech Revue GoogleTV,Raspberry Pi+XBMC,Mac Mini+EyeTV DVR+RabbitTV+PLEX+Kodi,TiVo Premiere,Sony BluRay+streaming apps,Equiso Android TV,FireTV,Nexus player,Simple.TV Local TV:QAM from ISP coax line. PLEX+unsupported apps
0 Kudos
Harshad
Level 7

The YuppTv website says Roku is supported but they don't have Roku 3 listed. One of my friends here uses the old Roku box to watch YuppTv and it works fine.
0 Kudos
vnazario
Level 8

"Harshad" wrote:
The YuppTv website says Roku is supported but they don't have Roku 3 listed. One of my friends here uses the old Roku box to watch YuppTv and it works fine.

Hi:

I think I found the code for you to add the channel to Roku:

https://owner.roku.com/add/D368F9B5

Remember that you will have to go to https://www.yupptv.com/roku to enter the code that appears on the screen when you launch YuppTV Roku channel so it can link your device to their account.

Hope this works for you.
vnazario

2xRoku2 XS,Roku1+SE,Logitech Revue GoogleTV,Raspberry Pi+XBMC,Mac Mini+EyeTV DVR+RabbitTV+PLEX+Kodi,TiVo Premiere,Sony BluRay+streaming apps,Equiso Android TV,FireTV,Nexus player,Simple.TV Local TV:QAM from ISP coax line. PLEX+unsupported apps
0 Kudos
kc8pql
Level 7

...and also remember, if you have problems, you're on your own.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos
Harshad
Level 7

Is Roku like an android box? Can I install apps available on Google play. Was wondering if I can watch Foxtel Go on it.
0 Kudos
Elijah_Baley
Level 7

"Harshad" wrote:
Is Roku like an android box? Can I install apps available on Google play. Was wondering if I can watch Foxtel Go on it.

Roku is most assuredly NOT like and Android box. It runs under a form of Linux. However there are many channels that can be installed.

I do not think there is a "Foxtel" channel as they are based in Australia and Roku is not supported there.
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"Harshad" wrote:

Not at all. The nearest device similar is Apple TV. A major difference is that Roku has a Channel Store that is an app store for Roku devices. No Android apps. It's an entirely different platform.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
Harshad
Level 7

I need a device to connect my non-smart tv and watch mainly Foxtel Go and YuppTv (the extra free channels will be a bonus too). I know Roku 3 is the best box out there but it does not fit my needs (i think). Both Foxtel Go and YuppTV are not available on Apple TV as well. I have both android and apple phones and couple of ipads which have yupp and foxtel installed in them. So should I go for an android box that allows me to have these apps directly on the box or should I go for Roku 3 or Apple Tv which will allow me to stream the content from phone/ipad. Someone said the streaming is of low quality. Fully confused what to do :? :? :? .
0 Kudos