Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daviator
Level 7

Roku 3 and YouTube TV

When we first added YouTube TV to our Roku 3 about 2 months it worked fine. But after about a month it started acting up in that the landing page would not load (only hour glass then black screen). Toggling back and forth between screens would eventually get it to load but then the navigation was super slow to respond and sometime responded incorrectly.

As usual, Roku blames YouTube TV and YouTube TV blames Roku. 

All other channels (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Brtibox, Acorn, etc.) work fine. yes, I have removed the app. Power cycled the Roku and reinstalled the app. 

What infuriates me is that it worked fine for at least a month.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ghb51
Level 8

Re: Roku 3 and YouTube TV

I realize this isn't much help, but it's working fine on my Roku 3 fwiw, you might try power cycling your modem and router just so all connections will be fresh, it's possible there's some kind of odd location issue which has caused problems for me with YouTube tv in the past.

edit - and of course about an hour after I make this comment both youtube tv and regular youtube quit working on all my Rokus, working fine on desktop and mobile though

edit part 2 - both are working fine again
0 Kudos
mjv5864
Level 7

Same here on my new Sharp TV with built in Roku.  Get a Playback Error message or black screen.
0 Kudos
Anon55
Level 7

My youtube has developed the same problem on both my Roku players and TVs. It worked fine until a few months ago. It either gives the hourglass loading, or goes to black screen every few minutes and displays the options bar non stop after that if we can get it off black screen. Audio will play perfectly while this is happening. I have the latest updates, Good to excellent signal strength/connection. Has been rebooted several times. I need youtube to work. Haven't heard anything helpful so far. 
0 Kudos