Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bobkat1
Level 7

Roku 3 and Apple TV+

Hi. I am unable to get Apple TV+ to stream on my roku 3. Apple TV streams but not the + version. Do I need a different roku?  Thanks

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku 3 and Apple TV+

@Bobkat1 

Thanks for the post.

If you have the Apple TV channel on your Roku device, then you should be able to stream Apple TV+ content. Do you have a subscription to Apple TV+?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
potterj
Level 8

Re: Roku 3 and Apple TV+ programming

I have the same issue, after weeks of being able to stream Apple TV+ programs. My subscription is up to date; all other streaming channels work just fine; my Internet connection is excellent with good speed. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@potterj exactly what model Roku do you have? The model number please, not just the name. Depending on the model, it simply might not be supported. It might also depend on where you are located, so if you're not in the US please state where you are. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
potterj
Level 8

Roku Premiere Model 4620X. To be clear, Apple TV+ has been supported by this device for over a year, and was working fine until about a month ago. I can view one or two programs, but most of them I get the same error message: problem downloading, check internet connection. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Yes, your player should be supported. All I can say is I hear a lot of complaints about Apple TV on non-Apple devices. It's a problem on Android based players as well. Unfortunately, it's up to Apple to resolve the problems. They are the developer of the channel for Roku devices, and only they can resolve channel issues. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos