Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Chris109
Level 7

Roku 3 Youtube

I play a couple of videos for my cat from Youtube.  The 1 hour videos always stop after 10-12 minutes from different sites.  It only happens on my Roku 3.  I've tried it on my Stick, Roku LT, and my Roku TV and those play the videos from beginning to end.  I've done a reset and removed and reinstalled the Youtube app but to no avail.  Any suggestions? 
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Roku 3 Youtube

Ensure that when you remove and reinstall any app that you reboot in-between.

That is:

1. Remove the app

2. Reboot the Roku

3. Add the app
Otherwise, it's not a clean removal.

Now, that might not fix the current issue, but it will help ensure the steps you've already taken were complete.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
Chris109
Level 7

Re: Roku 3 Youtube

Sorry it took so long, but, thank you.  Will try it that way.

Update:  Just tried it.  Even moved the Roku to a different tv.  No go.  Last nite I was watching a movie on Youtube. Stopped 2 times during it and went back to home screen.  Even listened to some music (3 hour clip) thru headphones and stopped after about 30 minutes, and right back to home screen.  Must have a dud.
0 Kudos