Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku 3 Amazon Prime audio drop outs

We have been experiencing audio drops (a fraction of a second every few minutes) when streaming Prime. The video is glitch free, as far as I can tell. The Roku 3 (with voice recognition) is connected via Ethernet and HDMI cables. I don't believe the drop outs occur on other streaming sources (just Prime) or other HDMI inputs. Is this a Roku problem or some devious plot by Amazon to get us to by a Fire player? 
An internet search revealed many instances of this general problem but nothing specific to Roku 3. The problem was often caused by HDMI CEC or ARC and solved by turning these off, I rely on ARC so that's not an option. Many instances were solved by buying a Fire player, I'd rather not do that either!
The TV is LG B8 55" with all software updates.
Thanks in advance, Trevor.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
iosman123
Level 7

Re: Roku 3 Amazon Prime audio drop outs

"Trevor_Bartram" wrote:
We have been experiencing audio drops (a fraction of a second every few minutes) when streaming Prime. The video is glitch free, as far as I can tell. The Roku 3 (with voice recognition) is connected via Ethernet and HDMI cables. I don't believe the drop outs occur on other streaming sources (just Prime) or other HDMI inputs. California air tools 10020c Is this a Roku problem or some devious plot by Amazon to get us to by a Fire player? 
An internet search revealed many instances of this general problem but nothing specific to Roku 3. The problem was often caused by HDMI CEC or ARC and solved by turning these off, I rely on ARC so that's not an option. Many instances were solved by buying a Fire player, I'd rather not do that either!
The TV is LG B8 55" with all software updates.
Thanks in advance, Trevor.

Im also facing this issue from long time, Hope I will find my answer here, thanks for the question.
0 Kudos