Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nvhrt
Level 7

Roku 2 player... can't enable subtitles in Amazon

Press pause. Select subtitles icon. Show subtitles and 'off' is yellowed. To the right is Languages and it shows English CC. I can't navigate within this menu, no button on the remote does anything. I can only go back or exit.

Movie 'Vanishing'.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 2 player... can't enable subtitles in Amazon

There are five different versions of a Roku 2 player. Three of them are no longer supported, and even the most recent version (model 4210) is 6 years old. It's possible that Amazon isn't fully supporting players that old any longer. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 2 player... can't enable subtitles in Amazon

@Nvhrt wrote:

Press pause. Select subtitles icon. Show subtitles and 'off' is yellowed. To the right is Languages and it shows English CC. I can't navigate within this menu, no button on the remote does anything. I can only go back or exit.

Movie 'Vanishing'.

To echo what @atc98092 said, the name "Roku 2" was used on multiple devices. Which Roku 2 do you have? Provide the model number.

Note that only two different devices actually went by "Roku 2" while others had letters appended: Roku 2 HD, Roku 2 XD, Roku 2 XS.

The only Roku 2 that would be expected to work is the model 4210 Roku 2, the last to carry that moniker, as it's identical to the Roku 3, which should be expected to work properly, even as old as the device is. The Roku 2 model 2720 is officially supported by Roku, but not by all app makers. None of the "Roku 2 xx" devices should be expected to work, as they are no longer supported by Roku.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos