Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
melby
Level 7

Roku 2 XS and Hulu Live TV

I've just upgraded my Hulu account to include live tv, but it my roku is not showing any difference in my account to include it. Working fine on my phone and laptop, but no live option on tv. Updates are current and I've logged out and back in with no change. Thanks for any advice.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Roku 2 XS and Hulu Live TV

I don't know for certain, but it's possible the 2 XS is too old to support the Live TV version of the Hulu app. I do know that there are some channels that there current versions won't work on the older players. Hulu might be one of them. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
trekkeriii
Level 10

Yeah, you need the newer Hulu app. The 2nd Generation based Roku models don't support it. Need Roku 3/Streaming Stick (3500) or higher.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
melby
Level 7

Thanks very much! I suspected it was just too old of a model. Will the Express or Premiere work with Hulu live?
0 Kudos
Elijah_Baley
Level 7

"melby" wrote:
Thanks very much! I suspected it was just too old of a model. Will the Express or Premiere work with Hulu live?

Spend a little more and get an Ultra and then, even though wireless is OK, hook it up wired and you will be MUCH happier. The Ultra is better than all the other Rokus and wired is always better than wireless.
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"melby" wrote:

As suggested, the Ultra is top notch, but the devices you listed -- and all Roku devices released in the last four years -- support Hulu with Live TV.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos