Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dav110
Level 7

Roku 2 XS- Amaz Prime Video watchlist Empty

So my Amazon prime video watchlist disappeared on my Roku and I cannot seem to get it to show my video watchlist. However, When I check my Amazon prime watchlist on computer, it's all there. Nothing is missing.
Anyone else experiencing this? I already tried deleting channel, then restarting roku, then re-aading channel and it still doesn t work. Any ideas re: solutions?
0 Kudos
12 Replies
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: Roku 2 XS- Amaz Prime Video watchlist Empty

Trying logging out, rebooting the Roku, and then re-logging.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Roku 2 XS- Amaz Prime Video watchlist Empty

It's possible that Amazon isn't updating the channel for a player that old, and that particular feature my no longer work. Just a guess, as I haven't had my 2 XS hooked up for quite a while. It just performs too poorly for me to keep using it. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Dav110
Level 7

Re: Roku 2 XS- Amaz Prime Video watchlist Empty

Ok thanks for replies.  I will try logging out, rebooting the roku and signing back in, but it could be as you said, that the channel is not being updated for my player.  Bummer.  
0 Kudos
RobRoy
Level 7

Re: Roku 2 XS- Amaz Prime Video watchlist Empty

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
Trying logging out, rebooting the Roku, and then re-logging.

Same issue here with my Roku 2XS. Tried Shawn's suggestion before coming to this thread, also unregistered and re-registered my 2XS and removed and re-added the channel to no avail. Also contacted Amazon and the tech said they still support the 2XS...  He said the issue is on Roku's end to contact Roku Support... Please help...
Rob
_
"Life is tough It's even tougher if your stupid" John Wayne
Roku Ultra 4660RW Version: 9.1.0 Build 4919-46 | Prime Video/Music, Netflix, HBO Go, Showtime Anytime, Vudu, Starz, Pandora, ABC, FOX, FX, AMC, NBC, SYFY, TNT, USA, Weather Network.
0 Kudos

Re: Roku 2 XS- Amaz Prime Video watchlist Empty

"RobRoy" wrote:
"RokuShawnS" wrote:
Trying logging out, rebooting the Roku, and then re-logging.

Same issue here with my Roku 2XS. Tried Shawn's suggestion before coming to this thread, also unregistered and re-registered my 2XS and removed and re-added the channel to no avail. Also contacted Amazon and the tech said they still support the 2XS...  He said the issue is on Roku's end to contact Roku Support... Please help...
Rob
_

It is absolutely NOT a Roku issue. It's an Amazon issue. The tech just wanted to get you off the phone.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Roku 2 XS- Amaz Prime Video watchlist Empty

So, you've made me pull the 2XS out of the drawer. Smiley Happy It hasn't been updated since last December, so before updating anything I tried Amazon. I did find a watchlist available and populated. The Amazon channel version was 5.17, build 10. The Roku OS was 8.0.0 build 4128. I then ran an update. First it had to update the Roku OS to 8.1.0.4131. After the reboot, I again run update to get the latest channel versions. Man, the 2XS is slow! The Amazon channel is now reporting version 5.18, build 1. Not much of a change. When I opened the channel, I found the same antiquated user interface. I scrolled to the Watchlist, and found the same videos that were listed before. So, my watchlist is not empty. 
.
However, because of such poor performance, and this very, very old UI, I strongly recommend replacing the 2XS with something newer. Both Roku and Amazon sell very inexpensive players that put the 2XS to shame. And then you get a much better user interface with Amazon. I prefer Roku over the Amazon Fire, mainly because the Fire is too Amazon-centric. Your main screen is Amazon, and you have to open other apps separately. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
RobRoy
Level 7

Re: Roku 2 XS- Amaz Prime Video watchlist Empty

"atc98092" wrote:
So, you've made me pull the 2XS out of the drawer. Smiley Happy It hasn't been updated since last December, so before updating anything I tried Amazon. I did find a watchlist available and populated. The Amazon channel version was 5.17, build 10. The Roku OS was 8.0.0 build 4128. I then ran an update. First it had to update the Roku OS to 8.1.0.4131. After the reboot, I again run update to get the latest channel versions. Man, the 2XS is slow! The Amazon channel is now reporting version 5.18, build 1. Not much of a change. When I opened the channel, I found the same antiquated user interface. I scrolled to the Watchlist, and found the same videos that were listed before. So, my watchlist is not empty. 
.
However, because of such poor performance, and this very, very old UI, I strongly recommend replacing the 2XS with something newer. Both Roku and Amazon sell very inexpensive players that put the 2XS to shame. And then you get a much better user interface with Amazon. I prefer Roku over the Amazon Fire, mainly because the Fire is too Amazon-centric. Your main screen is Amazon, and you have to open other apps separately. 

Thank you for your post. The version and date of the latest version in the Streaming Channels Search is Version 6.0 | October 3, 2018. My version is 5.18, build 1 which is causing the problem. "Slow" and "very inexpensive players" are relative terms and perceived differently by many users. Especially if the device is functioning as well as to be expected for the user and not broken. I'm not going to buy a new Roku because of a software or a channel update with a glitch. If a device is truly "Broken" then I replace it.

I did a workaround where I signed into my Prime Video Watch List on my computer and did a remove then undo of all the titles I really want to watch and finally a refresh of the page. All those titles now appear in the Roku Prime Channel GUI Watch Next List on my Roku 2XS. Though the Watch List is still empty on the Roku GUI this is working for me until the glitch is truly identified and fixed.

Rob
_
"Life is tough It's even tougher if your stupid" John Wayne
Roku Ultra 4660RW Version: 9.1.0 Build 4919-46 | Prime Video/Music, Netflix, HBO Go, Showtime Anytime, Vudu, Starz, Pandora, ABC, FOX, FX, AMC, NBC, SYFY, TNT, USA, Weather Network.
0 Kudos
RobRoy
Level 7

Re: Roku 2 XS- Amaz Prime Video watchlist Empty

"Dav110" wrote:
So my Amazon prime video watchlist disappeared on my Roku and I cannot seem to get it to show my video watchlist. However, When I check my Amazon prime watchlist on computer, it's all there. Nothing is missing.
Anyone else experiencing this? I already tried deleting channel, then restarting roku, then re-aading channel and it still doesn t work. Any ideas re: solutions?

See my last post on 10/13/2018.

Rob
_
"Life is tough It's even tougher if your stupid" John Wayne
Roku Ultra 4660RW Version: 9.1.0 Build 4919-46 | Prime Video/Music, Netflix, HBO Go, Showtime Anytime, Vudu, Starz, Pandora, ABC, FOX, FX, AMC, NBC, SYFY, TNT, USA, Weather Network.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Roku 2 XS- Amaz Prime Video watchlist Empty

Interesting that your Prime Video channel version is different from mine. That was why I checked for updates twice after the firmware update, since sometimes a channel has to be a certaion version before a newer will install. And I agree with you about not replacing simply for something new. But for me, the 2 XS is just too weak. I can't handle a bitstream from my local server in excess of about 15 Mbps, which means any HD material I have has to be transcoded. And that means a heavier load on my server and losing the ability to FF, rewind and resume a stopped playback. But if someone is still satisfied with the way their equipment works, go with it!  Smiley Very Happy
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos