Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku 10.5.0 DRM protected content & licensing error on Discovery+, HBO Max, Youtube

@AngsChaos

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Roku 10.5.0 DRM protected content & licensing error on Discovery+, HBO Max, Youtube

I am having the same issue. Issues started yesterday after software updated to 10.5.0 build 4191-46

i have model 4660X

Serial: YJ00A4486636

hulu gets network connection issue also. Everything was good until the software update,

0 Kudos
RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Hi @Hdsandtatts

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us with the following information:
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team.

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos
Phizz-151

Same issues, not connecting to servers,slow loading, no Hulu, no Disney, etc,etc.  Did multiple restarts did multiple checks for update. Absolutely nothing wrong with my network connections or speed. 20211107_204248.jpg

Can I just do a factory reset? I don't mind putting passwords back in if it at least gives me my channels I'm paying for back. Bad enough I have a Roku tv that is useless thanks to one of your failed updates. (Constant power cycling loop). You try explaining to a 3 year old why he cant see his favorite program. C'mon Roku...   

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

We're aware of the issue and it's currently under investigation. Once they provide me with an update I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Many thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
wanda-jane
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku 10.5.0 DRM protected content & licensing error on Discovery+, HBO Max, Youtube, Peacock

I am also experiencing same issue, cannot access channels/content for over a week now.

Roku device model: 4660X

serial number: YJOO5U931913

device ID: CK3915931913

and software OS/version 10.5.0 Build 4201-46

So far I cannot watch these channels/content (don't know if there are others yet):

Hulu: Version 6.54 * build 1

Discovery+: Version 2.5 * Build 0 App version 2.5.0

Peacock: Version 2.10 * build 35

Hulu:  ID 13-13-459-511

Discovery+  : ID 13-459-519

Peacock:  ID 13-459-521

-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing:

Hulu: launch the channel > Get Network Error message

Discovery+: launch the channel > clocking longer than normal > Discovery Home Screen displays > Select any content > black screen and trying to load, but get the message Sorry, there was an error trying to playback DRM protected content

Peacock: launch the channel > Something went wrong message

I tried to update the software on the Roku and restart, did it twice. No change.

Help!!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku 10.5.0 DRM protected content & licensing error on Discovery+, HBO Max, Youtube, Peacock

@wanda-jane

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Polsleybarnes
Reel Rookie

Same issues here. Any updates?

0 Kudos
CassieJ
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue with xfinity app, discovery plus and peacock.

0 Kudos
Rachkulesa

Same issue here with a TCL TV I have 4 in my house and only one is having the issue 

0 Kudos