Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ErinAshley
Reel Rookie

Re: DRM content errors - Youtube TV, Discovery+, Disney +

Thank you so much for posting this link! I updated back to version 10.0 & everything works!

Messeduptv

Re: Roku 10.5.0 DRM protected content & licensing error on Discovery+, HBO Max, Youtube

Sorry if this is a double post. When I hit Submit the first time it made me log in and I lost all my data.

Roku TV 7140X

TCL model 43S421 

Serial number YN00MX564370 

Software version 10.5.0 build 4201-30 

Device ID NL994M564370 

DRM error just began today. Everything was working fine last night. I just restarted my TV and I received the same error.

0 Kudos
SidM49
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku 10.5.0 DRM protected content & licensing error on Discovery+, HBO Max, Youtube

If you redo the update (see link 3 or so posts above), it removes the update that caused the DRM errors for now.

Messeduptv

That worked! Thank you. 

0 Kudos
RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Re: Discovery Plus & Youtube not working

Hi @Bucktuskl @ErinAshley

Thanks for the info.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you.

Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos
AngsChaos
Reel Rookie

Two things seem to have corrected this for me- though I see other post still with the same problem.

First - Mine original post was about an older Roku device, but the last update seems to have fixed my prior problem. ( I found this reply message, but I can't seem to locate my OP) I moved this device to the bedroom TV that I don't use as often. 

Second - Before that update came in, I found a great deal on a new RCA Roku TV (I finally upgraded to something larger than 27" lol)  and even before the update, seemed to work just fine. I'm pretty much assuming my older device is nearing end of life. It's had a long, hard go at it, LOL 

0 Kudos
foo2

Just bought two Roku's and this comes up constantly on both of them when trying to watch HBO Max.

I don't have time to go through support **bleep**, I'm just going to return them.  

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @foo2

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're running into.

Does the issue only occur on HBO Max or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Please keep us updated on how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
fried
Reel Rookie

sorry if i am writing in the wrong place but I haven't found a topic specifically for my problem and this is the one that is closest to it.

maybe I could have opened a topic with the following title: Roku Express 4K, DRM error

choosing any application (TV Cast, Web Video Cast, iWebTV), if i try to stream from my iPhone's browser, it will appear on the tv even the video title , i see that it loads but then it gets stuck and f.e. at iWebTV it prints the next error message: 

Video Failed

• Exit video
  • Try again

until two months ago, everything was still working flawlessly

the Roku's channels all work well.

I have tried the following several times: system restart, reset, router reset, iPone restart

here is the informations requested:

iPone 13 pro OS 15.3.1
Model                                               3940EU - Roku Express 4K
Serial number                                XO1I6O0JE6V44A
Software version                          10.5.1 ° build 4066-CR
Uptime                                              26 days 2 hours 45 minutes
Roku support                                 roku.com/support
Device ID                                         SO7U2186V44A
Network name                              Fanny
IP address                                       192.168.1108
Ethernet MAC address     44:09:B8:0F:9D:92
Wireless MAC address     20:EF:BD:52:93:43

many thanks,

fried

0 Kudos
fried
Reel Rookie

I'm sorry I messed up, right:

Video Failed

DRM error

• Exit video
  • Try again
0 Kudos