Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roksbox Cloud channel disappeared; cannot re-add

Jump to solution

I paid for Roksbox in early 2013, and still use it regularly on my two Roku devices.  Recently I opened the older Roku and found "Roksbox Cloud" was missing. It does not appear in the Channel Store, where a search for "Roksbox" invites me to make a new purchase for two other "flavors" of Roksbox.

Does anyone know how to re-add the channel?  It's still working fine on my other Roku.

WildTech's site (https://wilddtech.com/roksbox/home/index.php/2-uncategorised/31-tutorial-getting-started) says that I should re-add it by going to https://owner.roku.com/add/CU2SC - however, that site is no longer valid:

C:\>nslookup owner.roku.com
Server: UnKnown
Address: 172.16.14.1

DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
*** Request to UnKnown timed-out

My DNS is working fine - I tried "nslookup google.com" etc. to make sure.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Roksbox Cloud channel disappeared; cannot re-add

Jump to solution

No, don't go looking for a conspiracy theory.  Roku decided that the older units would no longer get any updates.  There isn't much a developer can do about it if a channel requires an update/change to keep functioning.  Be happy it worked this long.  Getting a new device shouldn't require a new purchase of the channel if it was purchased through Roku.  If it was purchased directly from the developer, then you'd have to check with him.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution
Try Roksbox xStream (extreme, get it?). I found an entry via google search saying it has replaced Roksbox Cloud. Don't know anything about it, just passing on what I found:

https://channelstore.roku.com/en-gb/details/18042/rodropbox
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

That's cool - I tried it and got "Channel Roksbox Cloud has been added to your channel lineup. Channels typically will show up within 24 hours."

I'll check tomorrow and see if it was re-added - thanks for the tip!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Regarding "Roksbox xStream," I remember seeing it mentioned when it first came out; but it appeared to be an "enhanced feature" version for which I've have to pay, regardless of having been an original purchaser of plain old Roksbox.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Well, I think I know why the channel disappeared in the first place, and why it was not re-added by the procedure above.  It's a model 2450X and I found this thread stating that, when a channel is updated, it may be removed from Rokus that are too old to run the channel:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Legacy-Products/Adding-channels-on-two-devices/m-p/554360

NetFlix still runs on it, so I suspect that the "kind" folks at Wild D Tech have deliberately deprecated their Roksbox channel on my old box in order to force me to pay...again...for one of their new "versions."

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

No, don't go looking for a conspiracy theory.  Roku decided that the older units would no longer get any updates.  There isn't much a developer can do about it if a channel requires an update/change to keep functioning.  Be happy it worked this long.  Getting a new device shouldn't require a new purchase of the channel if it was purchased through Roku.  If it was purchased directly from the developer, then you'd have to check with him.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the sanity check.  It's not like they're expensive anyway, and my older one is quite sluggish.  I'll look into upgrading!

0 Kudos