Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WilDD
Level 7

Roksbox And Easy Show Status

The upgrade to OS 9 has disabled both Roksbox and Easy Show. I am working with Roku on this and we should have a working update out soon.

If you're still on OS 8, these channels will still run fine, but if your Roku has upgraded to OS 9, they will not run.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but there will be a fix soon.

On the bright side, OS 9 is significantly faster than the previous versions, so these channels will be significantly faster when we get them back.

Update: 12/21/2018

I have a working version of all Roksbox products and Easy Show for Roku OS 9, and they have all been submitted to Roku for publishing. However, Roku is currently in a blackout period for publishing channels, so I don't know when the new versions will get published.

As a temporary solution, you can install the 30 day free version of the private channel Roksbox Cloud. Roksbox Cloud has the same functionality as Roksbox xStream. The public Roksbox channels should be published within 30 days. If you install Roksbox Cloud you will need to go through the setup wizard to set up your media files.

To install Roksbox Cloud, do the following:

1. Go to my.roku.com on your computer or smartphone.

2. If prompted, sign in to your Roku account.

3. Under Manage account select Add channel with a code.

4. Enter the channel access code CU2SC and select Add Channel.

5. Acknowledge the warning message that appears

The channel will not immediately appear in the list of channels on your Roku streaming player or Roku TV[sup:1vnaxxvl]™[/sup:1vnaxxvl]. Your Roku device checks every 24 to 36 hours for any new channels you have added from the website and automatically installs them. If you would like to download the channel immediately, go to your Roku device and select Settings > System > System update > Check now.

Update 2: 12/21/2018

All Roksbox and Easy Show channels are now published and working on OS 9. Thanks to the Roku team for their special efforts.

You might need to go to Settings > System > System update > Check now to get the channels.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kent_c
Level 7

Re: Roksbox And Easy Show Status

Thank you for the heads up.

I may leave the new one in the box until then.
0 Kudos
pbnj
Level 7

"WilDD" wrote:
The upgrade to OS 9 has disabled both Roksbox and Easy Show. I am working with Roku on this and we should have a working update out soon.

If you're still on OS 8, these channels will still run fine, but if your Roku has upgraded to OS 9, they will not run.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but there will be a fix soon.

On the bright side, OS 9 is significantly faster than the previous versions, so these channels will be significantly faster when we get them back.

Thank you WilDD, it's good to know. I use Roksbox daily, and had a bit of a panic! It is one of the best $13 I have spent!
0 Kudos
WilDD
Level 7

Update: 12/21/2018

I have a working version of all Roksbox products and Easy Show for Roku OS 9, and they have all been submitted to Roku for publishing. However, Roku is currently in a blackout period for publishing channels, so I don't know when the new versions will get published.

As a temporary solution, you can install the 30 day free version of the private channel Roksbox Cloud. Roksbox Cloud has the same functionality as Roksbox xStream. The public Roksbox channels should be published within 30 days. If you install Roksbox Cloud you will need to go through the setup wizard to set up your media files.

To install Roksbox Cloud, do the following:

1. Go to my.roku.com on your computer or smartphone.

2. If prompted, sign in to your Roku account.

3. Under Manage account select Add channel with a code.

4. Enter the channel access code CU2SC and select Add Channel.

5. Acknowledge the warning message that appears

The channel will not immediately appear in the list of channels on your Roku streaming player or Roku TV[sup:1vh6tmpn]™[/sup:1vh6tmpn]. Your Roku device checks every 24 to 36 hours for any new channels you have added from the website and automatically installs them. If you would like to download the channel immediately, go to your Roku device and select Settings > System > System update > Check now.
0 Kudos
WilDD
Level 7

Update 2: 12/21/2018

All Roksbox and Easy Show channels are now published and working on OS 9. Thanks to the Roku team for their special efforts.

You might need to go to Settings > System > System update > Check now to get the channels.
0 Kudos