Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roland1958
Level 7

Rewind and pause channels

I use my ROKU remotes to watch streaming TV. When I am watching Youtube TV I am able to rewind and pause the channels I am watching. It's a very nice feature.

When I switch over to The ROKU channel, I can find the guide and find channels that I am interested in watching but when I am watching a channel, I haven't been able to figure out how to rewind what I am watching and pause it too.

Is this possible and if so, how can I do this with my ROKU remote?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Rewind and pause channels

If you're watching Live TV channels within The Roku Channel you can't pause or rewind which is beyond stupid and a giant step backwards for technology.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
jageorge72
Level 7

Re: Rewind and pause channels

For real...... I just got my first Roku after dropping AT&T U-Verse.  You are telling me I can't pause the Live TV on the Roku channel?  If we are going to go backwards..... go all in.  Go back to 13 channels, no TV after midnight, and no cartoons except on Saturday mornings!  The ability to pause live TV.... at least for 30 minutes or so..... should be standard.  I feel like I just bought a cool car, only to find that it doesn't have power steering, power brakes, and I have to manually wind up the windows.