Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michele-tv
Level 7

Reuters tv

We've had Roku a few years now and as of this year...right around the beginning of this worldwide pandemic...the Reuters news channel seems to have been dropped. Is this a decision from Roku or Reuters? It was a channel I actually watched and would like to see it reinstated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
degt
Level 8

Re: Reuters tv

That was the very first Roku channel we ever saw while staying at an AirBnB and that's why I bought a Roku device.

We watched that channel often, I liked that it let you choose the news stream based on the time available to your (5, 15, 30 minutes).

Unfortunately a few months ago that channel dropped off the Roku device for not known reason. It no longer appears in my channel store. I don't know if they dropped off the Roku platform or just decided to drop off the availability in my region. I truly miss that free channel.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Decision by Reuters.  See this article:

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/roku-no-longer-has-reuters-tv-what-happened-and-how-to-watch-reuters...

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
CarlynP
Level 7

Reuters released an article exactly a month before this thread saying that they released their new Roku app, but I can't find it in the store.  I enjoyed it myself and would like very much to have it back.  Why would they say they released something that they didn't?

https://www.reuters.com/article/rpb-reuterslaunchesonrokuchannel/reuters-launches-video-news-channel...

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

As that article mentions, it's located within The Roku Channel, not in the Channel Store. Add The Roku Channel and then go down to Live TV or look for it in the Live TV guide.

0 Kudos