Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Resuming playback at the same spot where you left off, on another Roku

Jump to solution

I’m not sure if this is a Roku issue or the app. I thought if I was watching something on two Rokus, say if I started in the living room and theN later wanted to finish watching in another room, I thought the second Roku would pick up the episode where I left off on the first Roku. I have to fast forward. I could have sworn it would do that. I just got 4 new Rokus and am wondering if it’s because I bought the very I expense models. . 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Picking up at the same spot where you left off on another Roku

Jump to solution

@Ginnydee Thanks for the note here. That's a great question!

This type of functionality depends on each individual channel (app), and the whether or not they have implemented that feature. Some channels offer this type of functionality to users, typically based on the user account you are signed into within the channel, and allow you to resume playback on any other device if you stop a title during playback (such as Hulu, Netflix, etc.). 

For 'The Roku Channel', you'll need to make sure that all of your Roku devices are linked to the same Roku user account in order for this functionality to work across multiple Roku devices. If you are viewing 'The Roku Channel' from our mobile app on on the web at therokuchannel.roku.com, you'll need to make sure you are signed into the same Roku user account as well.

Some channels may not offer this ability at all. You would want to reach out to any specific channel or service directly to inquire further about their channel's functionality on the Roku platform. 

Let me know if there's anything else we can help answer! 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Sorry I meant inexpensive models. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Ginnydee Thanks for the note here. That's a great question!

This type of functionality depends on each individual channel (app), and the whether or not they have implemented that feature. Some channels offer this type of functionality to users, typically based on the user account you are signed into within the channel, and allow you to resume playback on any other device if you stop a title during playback (such as Hulu, Netflix, etc.). 

For 'The Roku Channel', you'll need to make sure that all of your Roku devices are linked to the same Roku user account in order for this functionality to work across multiple Roku devices. If you are viewing 'The Roku Channel' from our mobile app on on the web at therokuchannel.roku.com, you'll need to make sure you are signed into the same Roku user account as well.

Some channels may not offer this ability at all. You would want to reach out to any specific channel or service directly to inquire further about their channel's functionality on the Roku platform. 

Let me know if there's anything else we can help answer! 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos