Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ceeotters
Channel Surfer

Re: Resume episode no longer works on Acorn TV

Jump to solution

OK, I just ordered a fire stick. I've been binging an Acorn show and I'm going mad. It also sometimes just kicks me out to the episodes page.

JoeYo24
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Would it not benefit Roku to gently encourage the offending application to fix the problem since it is driving folks away from the Roku platform? I have contacted AcornTV multiple times with no results. We are only on these boards because we are not getting help. 

siamhie
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D 

Can you tell me when was the last update for the Roku OS? I believe this all started around that time which leads me to believe that the problem lies with Acorn. Their build number shows 220630 which makes me think that it was released June 30, 2022.

Oregonlj
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem with acorn TV on my Roku device. It is very frustrating.

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Oregonlj

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We would recommend removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue

Hope you'll find this information useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Regards,
Karla

colby2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have been having trouble with this for a few months.  I also removed the station but nothing helps.

Oregonlj
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I also have acorn TV on my phone so I checked it out and on my phone it resumes like it should so this is an acorn on Roku issue and not just an acorn issue. I wish that it would get fixed!

Barnettm
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I also have a fire stick as well as an iPad that AcornTV works resuming a program fine.  Problem is with the Roku only

Oregonlj
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

That's an Android phone that I tested on.

Oregonlj
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Other people have tried this and it didn't work for them why would I bother? I think it's a programming error..