Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nlk11021
Binge Watcher

Resume (Continue Watching) Missing on Acorn App

Recently (last few days) I noticed that there was no option to Resume (or Continue Watching) on the Roku Acorn App (on either Ultra or Roku TV). I know it used to be there and worked fine. If I log into the Acorn website then a Continue Watching option is offered, but not on the Roku app(s).

Anyone else seeing this or is it just in a new place that I'm not seeing?

I would appreciate any information, my guess is if I asked Acorn they'd say it's Roku's fault and vice versa but, as I say, the option appears on the Acorn web page.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Resume (Continue Watching) Missing on Acorn App

So your speaking about the Acorn TV channel on your Roku correct? Roku does not develop the Acorn TV channel for Roku. RJL Entertainment does. They are responsible for how the channel works. But you can try these steps. Remove the channel, restart your Roku then re add the channel. If the problem still exists then reach out to RJL. It could just be a temporary issue. 

0 Kudos
nlk11021
Binge Watcher

Yes, the Acorn TV App.

Well, it was certainly worth a shot but, as I suspected, removing and re-adding the channel didn't work. 

I will seek out RJL Entertainment. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if this was only a temporary thing, but I don't want to wait for the problem to resolve itself.

Thanks for the information.

Quick Edit: RJL or RLJ? I googled the former and got the latter. 🙂

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@nlk11021  Did you remove the channel, restart then re add the channel? You need to do it in those steps. There isn’t any magical way to fix it. It’s either a temporary issue on there end or an issue which needs an update 

0 Kudos
nlk11021
Binge Watcher

Yes, I did it on my Ultra.

Remove the channel, System Restart, add the channel. No dice.

Not looking for magic, just a solution.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

As I said there may not be a solution. It’s something inside the app that can be fixed by an update. But again it maybe a temporary issue that is fixed within 24 hours. You can check for a channel update by highlighting the channel then pressing the * key on your Roku remote. From there select check for update

0 Kudos
nlk11021
Binge Watcher

Agreed, thanks, I just want to make sure the channel is aware of the problem. I just submitted a ticket on the Acorn site. We'll see if they're responsive or stonewall me. 

I also freely admit the "Resume" might be hidden somewhere on the app. We'll see.

LuluEarl

I have the same problem and it takes forever to watch a series because of it.  It makes me want to cancel my Acorn subscription.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@LuluEarl

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos