Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charles84

Restricted ability to play in only 1 room

I should be able to choose where I want to play the channels I have subscribed to but is only allows me to play it in my bedroom.  I want to be able to play them in the living room and one other room.

How do I do this?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Restricted ability to play in only 1 room

@Charles84 

We need a little more information to understand what's going on.

What Roku devices are you using? Model number and OS version/build from Settings > System > About

On each device, are they using the same account? That's the email address at the top of that screen.

You're using the word "channels" which is what Roku calls both apps and channels. So, are you talking about a channel within an app? Or an app itself (such as Netflix)?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

Some content providers apply various restrictions at account/device level.

More info needed to diagnose.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Charles84  The only restrictions set are those by companies such as Netflix. The basic plan allows only 1 stream, standard 2 and the premium 4. Roku does not restrict anything. So if you can provide more information on what channel your speaking of we can assist you further. 

0 Kudos