Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mac41two
Level 7

Restoring Yahoo to roku

Jump to solution

I accidentally removed Yahoo, and now I cannot get it back. I keep getting a message, "Currently unavailable."

Bruce L. McCulloch
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Restoring Yahoo to roku

Jump to solution

@mac41two 

Thanks for the note.

Can you please clarify what you are trying to do? Can you provide us with the steps that you have tried?

Please keep us posted and we will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@mac41two Thanks for the note here. We took a look, and the channel provider no longer offers their channel on The Roku Platform. This is why you are unable to install it from the Roku Channel Store on your device once removed. We'd recommend searching for another channel that may offer the functionality you were looking for. If you have any questions, you'll want to contact the channel provider (Yahoo) directly for more assistance. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

4 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@mac41two 

Thanks for the note.

Can you please clarify what you are trying to do? Can you provide us with the steps that you have tried?

Please keep us posted and we will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mac41two
Level 7

Jump to solution

I Haven't tried anything to restore it, except to try to restore factory settings, which didn't work. So, that's when I went to the community. What happened is, I hardly ever used the application, so, I was trying to move the application to a lower position. Well, instead of touching the move channel button, I accidentally hit the REMOVE button. and I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET IT BACK.

Bruce L. McCulloch
0 Kudos
Highlighted
mac41two
Level 7

Jump to solution
I am wondering if anyone has any information on my recent post about restoring Yahoo on my Roku. I got one reply asking me to clarify what I have tried, and I responded to it. Haven't had any other replies.
Bruce L. McCulloch
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@mac41two Thanks for the note here. We took a look, and the channel provider no longer offers their channel on The Roku Platform. This is why you are unable to install it from the Roku Channel Store on your device once removed. We'd recommend searching for another channel that may offer the functionality you were looking for. If you have any questions, you'll want to contact the channel provider (Yahoo) directly for more assistance. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager