Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: YouTube Not full screen?

Thanks for letting us know what you're seeing everyone. We're looking into the issue and are reaching out to let the channel publisher know what customers are reporting. 

Please feel free to contact YouTube support at: www.twitter.com/teamyoutube to follow up and let them know about the issue you're running into.  

We'll provide further updates as soon as we can. 

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

We buy equipment under the premise that it works flawlessly. 
Then it goofs up and we end up being beta testers to report bugs to the manufacturer.
How is this fair? They don't even pay us to be their beta testers! Neither is the equipment provided free to us!!

How can they sell us devices that goof up like this. 
I stayed up for 3 hours last night trying to see if there was a fix for this issue. 
Am I getting paid for that waste of time with a device that I just purchased a few hours before from best buy?
It should have worked flawlessly out of the box!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

"DocNyr" wrote:
We buy equipment under the premise that it works flawlessly. 
Then it goofs up and we end up being beta testers to report bugs to the manufacturer.
How is this fair? They don't even pay us to be their beta testers! Neither is the equipment provided free to us!!

How can they sell us devices that goof up like this. 
I stayed up for 3 hours last night trying to see if there was a fix for this issue. 
Am I getting paid for that waste of time with a device that I just purchased a few hours before from best buy?
It should have worked flawlessly out of the box!!

It has not yet been determined if the problem is with Roku or Google. You don’t know whether or not the device worked flawlessly or not. The device could be just fine and Google screwed up. Or, it could be a recent OS build update (from a few days ago) is the culprit.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I thought I would add that mine is the same way.. I have a premier receiver I just did get it a week ago..  Same thing as everyone is saying.. Tried my Express+ and it is full screen.. Now this Express+ is the original one (with the audio out jack that are not on any of the roku boxes, something I found out when I bought the Premier last week, and checked all the roku models, they none of them have an audio out jack..  This likely won't be important on the next tv  Iget.. I always seem to short myself with things like this, I assumed there would be an audio out jack but there isna.. Oh well  
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Hi everyone! 

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue. 

You should now be able to go to Settings>System>About on your Roku device and check for a system update. This should help resolve the issue and get you back on track. 

Please feel free to PM me if you're still experiencing the issue and I'll assist you further. 

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: [Resolved] - YouTube Not full screen?

The system updates says the software is up to date. I uninstalled YouTube and reinstalled it. That fixed the problem.
Thanks!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"RokuTannerDB" wrote:
Hi everyone! 

You should now be able to go to Settings>System>About on your Roku device and check for a system update. This should help resolve the issue and get you back on track. 

Please feel free to PM me if you're still experiencing the issue and I'll assist you further. 

Thanks,
Tanner

I did a system update and it is now working.  Thank you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: [Resolved] - YouTube Not full screen?

Thanks = Mine is also working on 4K display setting and no more tiny youtube!
I am pleased!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

"RokuTannerDB" wrote:
Hi everyone! 

Thanks,
Tanner

Thanks so much for your assistance. It is working now. I am happy. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

It’s not just YouTube. Just received the new Roku and it’s like this right out of the box after software update. Doing it on Hulu as well. This thread was 10 months ago. What’s the fix?
0 Kudos