Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: YouTube Not full screen?

"ShaftDriveNation" wrote:
"DBDukes" wrote:
Software Version: 9.0.0
Build: 4114

Okay, that’s odd. My Premiere+ got that update a day or so ago, and YouTube played without issue. I can’t verify it’s still playing without issue (away from that device tonight), but it did play fine for a full day or longer with that very version and build.

That means your Premiere+ model 3921 runnning 9.0.0 b4114 is somehow acting different that my 3921 running 9.0.0 b4114 ... and that don’t make sense.

What is the YouTube app version? I can’t check mine, but perhaps that additional data point will help.

Its been fine all day. It just did it about 3 hours ago.

YouTube
Version 1.0
Build 80000281

Are you saying it played fine with that software/build for some time? Do you know when you got that update?
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Try setting the Roku to 720. Does the issue remain? Reddit has indications that Google sent an update today that broke 1080 on the Premiere + and setting to 720 returns full screen. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Roku/comments/aj7und/roku_premiere_refuses_to_display_youtube/

That could possibly still be a Roku item to fix, but that additional data point might help the techs run it down.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

"DBDukes" wrote:
"DBDukes" wrote:
Software Version: 9.0.0
Build: 4114

Okay, that’s odd. My Premiere+ got that update a day or so ago, and YouTube played without issue. I can’t verify it’s still playing without issue (away from that device tonight), but it did play fine for a full day or longer with that very version and build.

That means your Premiere+ model 3921 runnning 9.0.0 b4114 is somehow acting different that my 3921 running 9.0.0 b4114 ... and that don’t make sense.

What is the YouTube app version? I can’t check mine, but perhaps that additional data point will help.

Its been fine all day. It just did it about 3 hours ago.

YouTube
Version 1.0
Build 80000281

Are you saying it played fine with that software/build for some time? Do you know when you got that update?

I’m not sure. I deleted that Roku account after it happen and started a new one. So now it for sure has the new update.
I’m in Illinois.. Do the updates go by region or everywhere at the same time?
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thank you for the help... I was just in a bad mood.. My Roku not working isn't a first word problem.. lol 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Just got my Roku Premiere and have the same issue with youtube!
Tried setting Roku to 720p after reading the comment here and that does make the videos play in fullscreen. But now the videos are only 720p and still no option to play 4K.
Highlighted

"patilgs" wrote:
Just got my Roku Premiere and have the same issue with youtube!
Tried setting Roku to 720p after reading the comment here and that does make the videos play in fullscreen. But now the videos are only 720p and still no option to play 4K.

Yea.. I just switched to 780 and its full screen.. 780 is going to take time to get used to.. lol.. I hope its fixed soon..
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same issue here with a Roku Premier+. Worked for about a day after the latest upgrade, then randomly changed display while I was watching a video.
Worth mentioning that navigation, player controls, and info are displayed in full screen. Just the video itself is smaller.
Tried everything everyone else posted, with no luck.
Hope this gets fixed soon.

https://i.imgur.com/8pApyIG.jpg
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Just picked up a Roku premier+ two days ago along with a Philips 5000 series 65". YouTube was working fine up until this morning. I'm getting the same smaller video while the app is still operating on the whole screen. All videos playing are defaulting to 720 with no option to play at a greater resolution. TV firmware is up-to-date and Roku appears to be up-to-date as it says in the update menu. Obviously it's not a world stopper but a little annoying. Watching this post.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I bought the Roku Premiere from Best Buy last night and hooked it up to my 65" Sony 4K Bravia TV since I was cutting the cord with my Cable company (long story!). I installed the Roku Premiere and went through the whole updating software process. Then spent an hour or so setting up all channels. Every channel worked just fine except Youtube!  It would display using a fraction of the screen instead of full screen. Changed display type to 720P instead of 4K and it fills the whole screen. But why should I display something at lower res than my tv can handle. This is so insane!

Even YoutubeTV works fine.... 
It is ONLY Youtube that does not.
I tried googling the issue and could not find anything to help.
It is only when I checked this forum that I see that I am not the only one with this snafu.
Roku, Google... please fix this ASAP!!! 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Roku needs to hire new software/firmware coders AND new quality control testers. Every new release breaks something significant. It's absurd, does anyone test these releases before they get pushed out to the masses? Seems like a rhetorical question, as we are all beta testers for each new release. One would think that eventually the powers that be would get sick of getting trashed on this forum and Reddit, and would clean up their act.  :x
0 Kudos