Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] - YouTube Not full screen?

All of a sudden my Premiere + won’t play YouTube in full screen. Its playing in a small area in the top left corner. However the all the rest of the YouTube functions are in full screen. I checked everything. TV aspect ratio is correct, Roku settings are correct. I have an old school Roku 3 on another TV and YouTube is fine on it. I even swapped the Roku boxes to each TV. The Premier + always plays it in the corner.. I also factory reset the Premier + and setup a new account. Still the same. Everything else plays fine. I don’t get it???
0 Kudos
34 Replies
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: YouTube Not full screen?

"ShaftDriveNation" wrote:
All of a sudden my Premiere + won’t play YouTube in full screen. Its playing in a small area in the top left corner. However the all the rest of the YouTube functions are in full screen. I checked everything. TV aspect ratio is correct, Roku settings are correct. I have an old school Roku 3 on another TV and YouTube is fine on it. I even swapped the Roku boxes to each TV. The Premier + always plays it in the corner.. I also factory reset the Premier + and setup a new account. Still the same. Everything else plays fine. I don’t get it???

Try reinstalling the app to see if that clears it up. Be sure you remove the app, then reboot the Roku, then reinstall the app.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
xxx4reggie
Level 7

thank god i'm not the only one experiencing this
I'm having the exact issue!

It started after my Roku Premiere+ got the latest update. I've uninstalled, rebooted, installed youtube but didnt fix it.
I've also unplugged the hdmi and then re-plugged but nothing.

I also tweeted to youtube about this, got a DM saying it's related to roku's update.
So now stuck watching half sized videos...
0 Kudos

I deleted the app. Still the same. So I factory reset my Roku. I then set up a completely new Roku account. Redownloaded all my apps. It still doing it. ??
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

My Ultra and my Roku 2 (4210) don’t exhibit the issue, but two users with Premiere+ are experiencing it. That indicates something with that device and the update.

Might be good to list the actual software and build. Don’t say latest, include the exact version and build. I don’t have access to my Premiere+ tonight, but it played fine this morning. However, if an update arrived today, the build info may help run down where the issue lies.

EDIT: The workaround (not solution) is 720 mode. My Premiere+ is on an older 720p TV, meaning I already had the workaround by default, and would never have seen the issue. My experience doesn't apply, as if the issue existed, I wouldn't have seen it anyway.
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos

"xxx4reggie" wrote:

It started after my Roku Premiere+ got the latest update. I've uninstalled, rebooted, installed youtube but didnt fix it.

I also tweeted to youtube about this, got a DM saying it's related to roku's update.

That sucks!! 80” TV that’s now playing the video smaller than my computer screen is.. 
0 Kudos

Software Version: 9.0.0
Build: 4114
0 Kudos
xxx4reggie
Level 7

"xxx4reggie" wrote:

That sucks!! 80” TV that’s now playing the video smaller than my computer screen is.. I’ve had a Roku for about 6/7 years now. I’ve had so MANY issues. Have 3 units.. I’m just getting sick of it. May be time to move on to a different platform. ???

Tell me about it. Family actually sat down to watch some TV to realize that we can barely see it. Thank God I had my Chromecast in a box, had to dust that off and watch some TV with the kids (it's not 4k but at least it works).

My version I'm on is: 9.0.0 build 4114-91
Model 3921rw Roku premiere +
Tv: Vizio 55"
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

Okay, that’s odd. My Premiere+ got that update a day or so ago, and YouTube played without issue. I can’t verify it’s still playing without issue (away from that device tonight), but it did play fine for a full day or longer with that very version and build.

That means your Premiere+ model 3921 runnning 9.0.0 b4114 is somehow acting different that my 3921 running 9.0.0 b4114 ... and that don’t make sense.

What is the YouTube app version? I can’t check mine, but perhaps that additional data point will help.

EDIT: Since the workaround (not solution, just a workaround) is to switch to 720 mode, and since my Premiere+ is on an older 720p TV, I was already in that mode. That means I can no longer state with confidence that 9.0.0b4114 worked. I was already applying the workaround by default, so it would never have shown for me if the problem existed. In my mind, we're back to it being a problem that appears at the time of the Roku software update.
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos

"DBDukes" wrote:

Okay, that’s odd. My Premiere+ got that update a day or so ago, and YouTube played without issue. I can’t verify it’s still playing without issue (away from that device tonight), but it did play fine for a full day or longer with that very version and build.

That means your Premiere+ model 3921 runnning 9.0.0 b4114 is somehow acting different that my 3921 running 9.0.0 b4114 ... and that don’t make sense.

What is the YouTube app version? I can’t check mine, but perhaps that additional data point will help.

Its been fine all day. It just did it about 3 hours ago.
I’m off work & on vacation for 5 days now. I watch it pretty much nonstop. Today I was watching it all day (all was fine) Turned it off, popped in a Redbox movie and when it was over went back to YouTube and BAM! Little screen. Lol..

YouTube
Version 1.0
Build 80000281
0 Kudos