Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dnc
Level 7

[Resolved - YouTube Channel Sounds]

I purchased this Roku in 2015.  whenever I used it would  click as I go across each app until I choose one. Did Roku change the sound in my Roku?  Now is soon as I pick a channel like YouTube whenever I move between the items to figure out what I want to watch it has this weird whirring noise that's getting on my nerves.  can i take this noise off. I'm old and sick in bed a lot. And that whirring sound is taking the pleasure out of watching anything on the road to which is the only TV I have?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ghb51
Level 9

Re: Roku 3

That whirring sound is kind of odd isn't it? You can turn it off by opening YouTube, looking on the left hand side for the icon that looks like a gear (or an asterik *), then going to Sounds and choosing Off. As for the clicks on the home page, they're still there on my Roku 3 and all my other Rokus, you might try a reboot to see if that brings them back.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

There's also a menu setting to adjust the volume of the main menu clicking sound.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

YouTube changed the sound the UI makes when you move between different selections. I first noticed it a few days ago, but can't say for sure when the update happened. You have no control over the sound it makes other than turning it off. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
buzzmunkey
Level 7

Re: [Resolved - YouTube Channel Sounds]

Mine has had a different sound.. I hate all sound effects so I shut it off... hope they never get rid of the ability to mute their click or moo or whatever they have next..  
0 Kudos